ad: M2Ant-1

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by KB3MHB, Oct 1, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KB3MHB

KB3MHB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I get this error message from Google and can not fix it. It indicates that my clock is ahead?
    I'm using my wife's computer to send this message since I can no longer access your site. My e-mail address is "bmthomp@comcast.net" Also my op system is still xp.

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Clear Google Chrome cache
    Piled-up browser’s memory can be a reason why you can’t connect to a website due to NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID error. Here’s how to fix it by clearing the cache:

1. Open Chrome browser and click the three-dots in the upper-right corner. Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
    2. Make sure you’re in the Basic tab. Select Time Range: All time, then tick all three options (browsing history, cookies and other site data, and cached images and files), then click Clear Data.
      [​IMG]
    3. Check if the issue persists.

3. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Bill. Learn something new here every day. Hart

4. KB3MHB

Thanks for the rely, I forgot to indicated that my ham radio pc op system is an old "XP" thanks again 73
    Bert Thompson KB3MHB in Denver in my wife's apartment help lol

5. KB3MHB

Well after deleteing "dst root ca x3" which expired I can now visit the site, however, no applets open and I can not open Google maps! Google does not make it easy to fix this problem when some "TRUSTED COMPANY" lets it's certificate expire! and they seem to care less!

Bert Thompson KB3MHB 73 bands are hot

6. KB3MHB

Still applets are not opening and the Google browser indicates "CONNECTION NOT PRIVIATE". They will never fix the expired "dst root ca x3" certificate. Frankly my dear I don't care what GOOGLE does!

Bert KB3MHB 73 at least "Spaceweather" doesn't have this problem! "don't mess with uncle sucker lol

7. KB3MHB

Still no one has come up with a way to patch the "certificate in the GOOGLE" browser so I can see all the "applets and google maps!
    Bert Thompson KB3MHB making qso's in Denver 73

8. KB3MHB

Ham's; still no response on a fix for the "GOOGLE" problem anyway the problem will only be fixed when "GOOGLE" wants to fix it!

Bert Thompson KB3MHB 73; mean while the adds will be displayed $$$$

9. KB3MHB

Still can not display my "xml" files thanks to "GOOGLE" they now indicate that my "CONNECTION IS NOT PRIVIATE". I think it's time to find another browser!

Bert Thompson 73 .. mostly cw and FT8.

10. YO3GFH

YO3GFH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,

Please try this:

1. Save the .zip file attached to this post somewhere on your PC and extract the .crt file from it.
    2. Click on "Start->Run" and type "mmc" (with no quotes)
    3. On the window which opens, click "File->Add/Remove Snapp-in..."
    4. Select "Certificates" on the left pane, then click "Add" button from the center of the dialog box
    5. A new dialog will pop-out; choose "Computer account" here, then click "Next" and finally "Finish"
    6. Click "OK"

Now, expand "Certificates (Local computer)->Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and right-click on "Certificates", then choose "All tasks->Import...". Click "Next", then "Browse" and select the .crt file you just extracted, click "Next" a few times, then "Finish". The "GTS Root R1" certificate should be visible under the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" hive. Google should work now :)

On more modern OS, the trusted CA list gets updated automatically (as it used to be the case with XP when it was fab) so you won't notice the transition from one CA to another. Now XP being very long in the tooth, means bye-bye updates, hence the hiccup.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    K8VHL likes this.
  11. KB3MHB

Adrian,

Getting better, however, no joy! Google browser still thinks certificate is damaged. The "url" "https:// has a red "x" and a red slash! Also still can not display "xml" applets. In addition Google browser still thinks that the certificate "DST ROOT CA X3" has not been removed.

Bert Thompson 73 KBEMHB/0 now in Denver,CO

12. YO3GFH

YO3GFH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmm...
    Does "GTS Root R1" appear under "Certificates (Local computer)->Trusted Root Certification Authorities->Certificates"? Make sure you've chosen "Computer account" on "Add/remove snapin" step.
    Don't have any XP machine for some time now, so I can't check :(
    Also, still having the expired "DST ROOT CA X3" is ok (I also have it on my W10), is not being used anymore, right now Google's cert is signed by "GTS CA 1C3" and "GTS Root R1", so this one should be under Trusted Root.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  13. KB3MHB

Adrian,
    Thanks for the try! Wife is getting tired of me using her pc. I use this pc because it fits in my lunch bucket with my KX3 and is well traveled lol.

Bert Thompson KB3MHB/0 Stuck between M$ and Google and the internet of adds!

14. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Time to give in and face reality. Get a current computer with Win 10 or 11.

15. KB3MHB

Hart,

Tnx ar sk 73

Bert Thompson KB3MHB/0 in Denver,CO wid 15 of wire es KX3