ad: k1jek

New QRZ Award: Master of Radio Communications Asia

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KF7WIS, Feb 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB2BK

KB2BK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have more than enough QSL cards to submit for Asia but no way to transfer ARRL DXCC credit to QRZ. Contacts are pre-LoTW.

9A5O and M1WML like this.
  2. KC4EOG

KC4EOG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree that it is not an easy number to reach. I have all the ones I would consider to be the easier ones...for a total of 52. Some of those even were quite difficult. But the rest....very hard to get here from the eastern USA. And many do not confirm electronically. That being said, I will get there. It will just take some work.

M1WML likes this.
  3. KE0VRC

KE0VRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Will you guys add a Master of North America and Africa as well?

M1WML likes this.
  4. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

M1WML and K1LKP like this.
  5. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

best regardes vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

M1WML and K1LKP like this.
  6. SV1RUX

SV1RUX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You don't need all 54 to get the award. I have 47 but still got the award!
    Thanks Jaime

M1WML likes this.
  7. N8QQE

N8QQE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very cool, thanks!

M1WML likes this.
  8. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My pip-squeak station was granted the award yesterday. If I can do it, most everyone else can as well. Also all the other QRZ Awards are on my page with several covering a triple play SSB, CW and Digital.

I do agree with a lack of stations in certain countries and zones. I have 315 countries but I need the zone 32 confirmed for the WAZ. Mongolia is in my log numerous times, and I have the same guy on several bands but he refuses to QSL.

Never give up the fight my friend and don't give into cheating like the guys that use remote stations around the world.
    Stay Radio-Active 73

9A5O, M1WML, VK6APZ/SK2022 and 2 others like this.
  9. IS0HXK

IS0HXK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

smileOK.png

N8QQE and M1WML like this.
  10. ZS1SBW

ZS1SBW QRZ Lifetime Member #505 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

What a nice surprise to see Master of ASIA award in news feed this morning.

Looking forward to Master of Africa !

Thank you ! for following through Jaime

PS: all AFRICA is one of SARL (South African Radio League's) most difficult awards to achieve, because of the low activity in the 25 African countries outside South Africa.

73 Billy ZS1SBW

AAAsmall.jpg

9A5O, M1WML and IS0HXK like this.
  11. IS0HXK

IS0HXK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Excluding the small islands, I am missing 10 countries to complete the entire African continent, and I also miss the prefixes ZS4 and ZS5 to obtain the AAA award from SARL.

M1WML and ZS1SBW like this.
  12. KG5EYC

KG5EYC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for creating another award, gives me incentive to get on the air and make more contacts!!!!
    I have over 1250 counties and closing in on 1000 grids, thanks for giving us a way to track things like that as well!!

9A5O, M1WML and W9HJ like this.
  13. W9HJ

W9HJ QRZ Lifetime Member #294 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Until the solar cycle improves (or I hit the lottery and install some beams on tall towers), it's gonna be awhile before I get Master of Asia. Africa is going to be a bear, I rarely see countries outside for maybe 8 or 10.

But I love it ... gives me something to shoot for.

14. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes. Very soon.

-Jaime

9A5O, M1WML, VK6APZ/SK2022 and 4 others like this.
  15. WJ1MK

WJ1MK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well I guess I may have finally met my Waterloo! All the other awards, I have been eligible as soon as they went live but this one is gonna be a tough one for sure...I run almost exclusively QRP with just a delta loop at 15 feet and I see I am at exactly the 50% mark for the Asia award, I shall endeavor to persevere...BUT...gonna sure need some sunspots to get there! ;-)