ad: MLSons-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 222 - Orlando Hamcation Planning and Award Nominations

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Aug 4, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday at 9 pm EDT, Michael Cauley, W4MCA and Mike Banigan, KJ4UDO from the Orlando Hamcation will be here to talk about the plans for the 2021 Orlando Hamcation, as well as the nominations for the Carole Perry Educator of the Year Award. Be sure to listen in to get all the details and call in with your questions.

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm EDT (Friday 0100Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube. A replay is also broadcast on WTWW 5085 AM on Saturday nights at approximately 3:30 pm Eastern.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 859-982-7373 live during the call-in segment of the show. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

hamcation.jpg w4mca.jpg

AA4CB, WB8SCT, JF1IRQ and 1 other person like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes friends, there is a future:)

Plans for the first major get-together of 2021.

Looking up!

K0NEB, WE4B, AB4KA and 3 others like this.
  3. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The Orange County Board of Commissioners may have a different vision for HamCation. Best be communicating with them OARC. The latest and the greatest throughout our state may be of interest to your presumptuous planning.

K8NY and K0UO like this.
  4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

It is likely that by early February, 50-75 million plus Americans will have been vaccinated. It is likely that people-gathering events will require a proof of vaccination not less than 3 weeks before for entry. Sort of like a requirement for bordatella shots for your dog before kenneling.

The Orlando folks may very well have a DATE backup in mind (Plan 'B'), if needed; they are very, very well organized. Let's let them do their thing on planning:)

Chip W1YW

N4UTX, K0NEB, K3DFD and 3 others like this.
  5. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope you're right on that... Woof, woof!

Dan WQ4G

K3DFD and W1YW like this.
  6. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Sort of like 666. The book of Revelation doesn't end well for some. Carry on.

W5ARM and KB1MM like this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I have no idea what this means. If you need to explain please do so with a PM.

Thanks.

8. AB4KA

AB4KA Ham Member QRZ Page

I for one am happy to see them moving forward with the planning. I'm gonna get my advance ticket and hope to see everyone in February!

W1YW likes this.
  9. K3DFD

K3DFD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Proof-of-vaccination to enter into a larger venue is a good thing. It will provide the required level of certainty to get things moving back to some form of normal again.

10. W1AMA

W1AMA Ham Member QRZ Page

We must plan for better days ahead, but also with caution due to uncertainty. But this is optimism....

11. WW2WW

WW2WW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here we go. CIVIL war I've been waiting for it.

12. WW2WW

WW2WW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As soon as they make people get vaccinated I loose it. Hold on

13. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

"HALT! VEEE NEED TO ZEE YOUR PAPERS!"
    That's a NO for me.

KO4GQP likes this.
  14. NO0DS

NO0DS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The US could never get together a valid proof of vaccination by the time for this. Great idea but it just wont work.

15. KO4GQP

KO4GQP Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL

It's incredible how quickly many of you happily toss your rights aside for the false security blanket provided by daddy government.

KK9W likes this.