ad: elecraft

Morse code shoes send toe tapping texts

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K1LPI, Feb 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member

These shoes (or similar footwear) could be useful to law enforcement for signaling / transmitting a prearranged code where use of a radio could be a life hazard.

W6SAE likes this.
  2. 2E0WMG

2E0WMG Ham Member QRZ Page

Must be QRO boots I quess.

Can’t be used barefoot.

3. KV3T

KV3T XML Subscriber QRZ Page

T T T T T T T

...oh, sorry. I was just walking around, didn't mean to be sending code.....

4. N6JPG

N6JPG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Afterthought: Too bad Kruschev didn't have a pair of these at the UN back in the 60's.

AE7BT likes this.
  5. AE7BT

AE7BT Ham Member QRZ Page

If he did you can bet there would have been a race to build the biggest baddest toe tapping shoes in the world.
    Much hand wringing about the dreaded shoe gap. Billions of soles on the line.

6. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

We have a really big shoe for you tonight!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. N6SPP

N6SPP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

8. K0MAN

K0MAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not a pair of shoes that plays music you can dance to, Or a Shoe Phone, now that's a good idea!! Poor guy, he doesn't know they have tiny blue tooth radios in ear buds and GPS built in, available.

9. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing really new here. In the '30s the OSS decided that the best way to get messages to its worldwide network of agents was to embed them in the tap dance scenes of popular movies. It's all outlined in Volume 8 of The Golden Age of Hollywood series: "Astaire, Bojangles and Temple: Uncle Sam's Fleet Footed Messengers".

10. W9USS

W9USS Ham Member QRZ Page

I can run 20 words per minute and stop on a dot. How about a 100 word dash.

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

HAHAh!

WITH my fancy QSO MACHINE I can do 50 WPM!

upload_2018-3-2_16-33-36.png

K3SX and AE7BT like this.
  12. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member

Robert Pershing Ladlow, the Alton (Illinois) Giant, wore shoe size 37EE. Of course, he stood 8' 11' -- the tallest verified human, and weighed in at 439 pounds.

I saw a pair of his shoes on display at the Doctor Scholl Hospital in Chicago -- HUGH!

13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Morse shoes at 01:12...prior art

"Its just a jump to the LEFT...''

14. INTELLINIUM

INTELLINIUM QRZ Member

Dear radio lovers,

My name is Mathieu DESTRIAN and I am founder/CEO of Intellinium, the French-based company which has invented (patented) the first smart & connected safety shoes with morse-code capability. Let me add and/or correct a few things :).

1) Yes, it's serious. We needed a way to develop a secure and a reliable way to talk between workers' wearable and workers/machines. We had a look on military protocols and MORSE code was suddenly obvious to us. We are using something simpler to make sure that learning curve is fast BUT using 100% true MORSE code is possible (but obviously very few people can do it).

2) Yes, it works from a telecom perspective. We are using 2 technologies : Cellular (LTE-M1, NB-IOT and 2G) and Bluetooth Low Energy (v5 with mesh capability). Another patent describes the way we have positioned the antennae to make sure to send/receive properly. Obviously, the antennae are not located on insole (floor effect) but at the rear thanks to our smart band. For instance, we have 250 m range in BLE range and worldwide coverage for Cellular Technologies.

3) Yes, it is totally serious and will help protect and saving lives as sometimes arms can be blocked or broken, environment can be very noisy, voice calls can be impossible, etc...

4) MORSE code enables dual communication! You use FSR (Force sensor resistive membrane to push with hands or toe) and vibrating devices to receive messages. All is based on "dash" and "dot". You can create your own CODE if you want as we basically offer per organisation a way to configure its own code.

5) We have currently a safety shoes integrating this technologies but we are also working on gloves.

6) Talking to machines in MORSE would allow for instance: switch on/switch off, mayday, are you OK?, I am OK,...

Rgds,
    Mathieu

W6SAE and AE7BT like this.
  15. NS0S

NS0S Ham Member QRZ Page