ad: Mountaingoat-1

Land Ops ARC Playbook (less controversial release) - HF Expansion

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6QBM, Sep 29, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KI6QBM

KI6QBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Almost, I hope! Two of our members, husband and wife are plan on moving to Texas probably within a month or two now. They will carry the torch there.

2. KI6QBM

Right on KJ7A, we will be in your neck of the woods on Saturday. Arriving Friday afternoon.

3. KI6QBM

We help people within our means, but we are an adventure radio club and we are always aspiring to be better radio operators. We are not so established to deploy a team, even we are all new to HF. We don't need an account of what you've given to the relief effort. Talk about misplaced information. Giving is not a contest. I didn't call you out as sinful for your giving. I said we don't boast in our giving. You apparently do. Forget about any religious principles, that's not the message. I applaud you for giving, but what are you doing replying to a Land Ops adventure club video and posting your relief shipping list?

4. KI6QBM

ok ok it boils down to "it's just fun". But we can help others if we want to and not boast about it like you. We can do both and not hold any account to you or anyone else.

AF6TC likes this.
  5. KI6QBM

John, thanks for the comment and the nice scout photo. Yeah the "geotactical" came out a long time ago. I don't think it's been completely purged. It still shows up on some older materials and clothing. The new logo is adventure club. Land Ops is an adventure radio club. We're not para-military, we're not preppers. As one of our members said it, we're ham radio in the rough. I've been to MN several times in my life, grew up in Michigan. As bad as our winters were it seemed MN got hit harder. You've shared some good ideas for us to chew on.

6. KI6QBM

Hey John, thanks for your comment. For clarity. para-military we're NOT. Sorry if that tone is there. We use terminology related to navigation, radio communications, off road driving and vehicle recovery, and I think sometimes related terminology comes through with that tone, but we are an "adventure radio club". Militia we're NOT. opposing force? NOT. No agenda as a secret movement, we're NOT. I / we fly an American flag and human kinetic energy, YUP! WE do have that. We'll be more conscious of this in the future. Tanks for the feedback (pun intended).

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't be foolish.

I have nothing to gain by your alleged 'boasting'. Think again.

OTOH, the silly copy you guys wrote for this 'amateur radio news' is hyperbolic, boastful, misleading, and insulting to our intelligence.

IMO it seems TARGETED for a specific RECRUITMENT, an EXCLUSIONARY recruitment. Hence the reaction of :"my PEOPLE".

Notice W6MQI went out of his way to exclude Nathan Cohen. Interesting. Why would you EXCLUDE Nathan Cohen?

Let Emmanual write it. He gets it. You don't.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

So now --I-- am: boring; boastful; supercilious; superior; bullying; judgemental; have high blood pressure; sinful; of dubious mental facilities......according to you folks. Sheesh.

These are attack tactics used by people who use code words like "my PEOPLE". Which we have seen here as a response.. Is it being used as a tactic?

Never seen that before on this website

As they say--is there anyone else there we can speak to? Is there anyone in your group of Hispanic heritage? Let them do the talking.

Turn the mike over to Emmanual.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hay que echar pa’ lante.

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Kindly tell us about your recruitment process; your admissions requirements; your demographic profile; your geographic distribution.

Has any radio amateur asked to join LANDOPS and was declined? Does W6MQI speak for LANDOPS on posted reaction to a potential admit? Does he have a position within your organization (member?)

If so, why was he not publicly corrected on a written, public impediment to an open admission policy? Is there a link you can kindly provide on your admissions policy?

After a discussion with my son, I believe that such "fun" explorations with an off-road may be viable. He lives in TEXAS. I believe that your LANDOPS is now recruiting in TEXAS. What is the next step to becoming a LANDOPS?

We are both AMERICANS.

Hablo español con fluidez rota.

Nathan Cohen
    W1YW

10. W5WI

W5WI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Chris,

Awesome! As an avid offroader I promote the use of Ham Radio to everyone I meet on the trails. What you guys are doing is the ultimate way to tie off-road fun and adventure with a much needed service to folks in need.

Keep up the good work!

Dale
    W5WI
    West Texas Section Manager

AF6TC, KE4TA, KD8AQT and 1 other person like this.
  11. W5WI

W5WI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Unfortunately, it appears that with all forums, there is always at least one, sometimes more, folks who like to run their keyboard (mouths) and think that they are intelligent by making asinine statements or asking ludicrous questions for the sake of controversy. And, in some cases "racial baiting". Cut the crap!

Good job to the folks who are members of Land Ops ARC! Keep up the good and fun work!
    Ignore the background noise!

dale
    W5WI

WJ4U, WD4DXQ, KE4TA and 3 others like this.
  12. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Tanks. Easy pun.

I am all for adventure, education and fun in life. No reason why those three can't coincide.

However, all that human kinetic energy being spent, the engineer in me thinks about entropy and efficiency too. If only it could be channeled to provide more benefits outside of the group of actual contributors.

Certainly SAR is an obvious target. Wild fire watch and prevention, or other natural resource, wildlife and ecological conservation tasks could be another. A military disciplined model is also a natural.

But in amateur radio EMCOMM, and some PS dispatchers, the preference has been to use PLAIN LANGUAGE and minimize acronyms, code words, and jargon of all types.

BTW - "GEOTACTICAL" is still prominently emblazoned across the top of the circular symbol in the header of landops.com

If Land Ops actually aspires to contribute something more significant for American society then just another frivolous frat-party of OM nerds with Little Monster Trucks :p consider seeking alignment with, including being supervised by, a cooperative sympathetic domestic government agency that could use those resources, ie, DHS, NPS, etc.

There are long established historical precedents in other modes of transportation; the Civil Air Patrol and the US Coast Guard Auxiliary. In analogy to LandOps these are more highly functional equivalents "AirOps" and "SeaOps".

They are not only sanctioned but an official part of their equivalent DoD / DHS agencies, USAF / USN. Members even wear spiffy UNIFORMS and have RANKS! Both have strong ties with amateur radio, and often provide very real benefits to volunteers, other then a huge boost of self-esteem, like reimbursement for expenses (like fuel) during official missions.

Both contribute greatly to the security and welfare of the general public, as well as providing huge educational and training opportunities, and LOTS OF FUN, for all ages and abilities.

CAP was one of the first responders flying aerial photo recon missions over the hurricane affected areas,

http://www.cap.news/se-region-membe...aerial-missions-in-irma-battered-puerto-rico/

They have some very slick upbeat video promo's of their own.

Watch, hook up with them, if you dare to take the risk :rolleyes:

73 de John - WØPV

https://www.youtube.com/user/CAPMember

13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly Dale.

In this case there are many. I am deeply troubled that we have this behavior in ham radio.

If all are not welcomed then what useful purpose is served?

Chip W1YW

14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Help me with this one John....

What is the meaning of 'geotactical' as used by LANDOPS?

Chip W1YW

15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I have just applied, paid, and been ACCEPTED as a member of LANDOPS.

I am listed as an ACTIVE member.

In philosophy concurrent with the amateur radio operator's code, I expect to see a cordial and welcoming organization, an ARRL affiliate, and will respond in kind.

If otherwise, I will make that apparent.

Dale, W5WI...are you an active member?

Chip W1YW

KI6QBM and W6RUF like this.