ad: Radclub22-1

Land Ops ARC Playbook (less controversial release) - HF Expansion

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6QBM, Sep 29, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Young man,

The narrowness of youth is not an excuse for projection onto others.

You obviously are failing in learning a deep lesson. I have no 'blood pressure' problems. Indeed, I am devoid of any medications in my cabinet. And I am an expert at 'risk management'. Cautioning people to 'view at their own risk' is a dumb tease that does not apply to 'amateur radio news'. Itsa buncha words extracted from derivative sources in an attempt to gravitate by titillation.

Wanna see some REAL action ? Help with the Puerto Rican effort.

Don't PLAY.. D-O.

You guys have acquired and honed the tools. Excellent. Now: help others. Ship some of your boys toys over to KP4. Be 'geotactical'.

I sent a generator, 100 MRE's, batteries, HF go kit, and two chain saws-- yesterday. Next shipment is Oct 4.

What's on your shipping list?

KP4/KP2 disaster is the worst on American soil in my lifetime. That means YOURS also.

Preppers need to understand that you dont always just 'prep' for yourself. When the world falls apart, don't just assume a 'Mad Max' world for yourself. Help OTHERS.

I bet they sure could use DRONES over there for ID'ing hill people that need to be reached...why don't you send one or more over? You have plenty of video already.

Be a man: HELP OTHERS Arthur. Playing is a practice for DOING. So...D-O.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    K7YB, WN1MB and K4VWS like this.
  2. AG6RS

AG6RS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great video post.
    Land Ops is a great organization to help us hone not only your communication skills but also navigation and off-road driving skills as well.
    Land ops also does training on how to correctly use the equipment that so many folks take off-road but never use until they actually are in trouble.
    People that have never used any recovery equipment and don't have a clue what they are doing could put themselves and others in danger.
    Good training by experienced people keeps us safe and able to help others out on the trail as well.
    Land Ops does DO and has helped people that have gotten themselves into bad situations while off road.

KI6QBM likes this.
  3. KI6QBM

KI6QBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry Chip, we're not all as smart or capable as you are. You are obviously a Ham god and expect others to bow down and worship you. For me, I worship the Lord only and yes, we gave and we're still giving, but we don't boast our "shipping list" before men. We're not suppose to let our left hand know what our right hand is doing, but that wisdom is not evident in your transmission. Why? It is meant so that so that you don't boast in your giving before men. And BTW we're not preppers. The measure of manhood is not the stuff on your shipping list.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    WJ4U, WD4DXQ, KM5BOR and 4 others like this.
  4. KI6QBM

For a smart man (I say that respectfully because I've read your profile) you sure have a CHIP on your shoulder. Oh wait, that's what they call you.

AF6TC likes this.
  5. KI6QBM

To answer your email. Most people are not like that. I shouldn't jab back. I don't really know him at all except for the impressive things I think are true in his profile and of course his words of wisdom he's bestowed upon us all. I deal with people much worse in my business. Maybe he's having a bad week. Maybe he suffered a personal loss of someone in Puerto Rico. We don't really know his situation. One thing is for sure, he's intense.

KD8AQT likes this.
  6. N8PVW

N8PVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video. Keep doing what your doing. Want to attract young folks to ham radio? Your way is the way to do it. I have been a SAR/DR professional and volunteer most of my life. Boots on the ground started for me during the Palm Sunday tornado outbreak of 65. Xenia-I was there. Midwest floods in 93, Haiti, Katrina my butt was there. Your not going to get today's young people interested in amateur radio experimenting with antennas or playing with soldering irons. Last time I went to Orlando what I saw was a bunch of old, fat out shape white guys shuffling around looking mostly lost. Anyone in the crowd under 18 was sparse indeed. Right now most of the hams I know would be more of a burden than a help on the ground in P.R. I'm expecting to be deployed there any minute. They don't need my radio skills right now but they do need my 35+ yrs as a nurse and paramedic. The ARRL has deployed a number of teams to P.R. and people like Herb Perez KK4DCX have been doing heroic service there. They don't need radio geniuses in P.R. right now. They have a desperate need for experienced truck drivers, heavy equipment operators and people who can traverse harsh terrain to reach the hundreds of thousands who need those MRE's and water and medical supplies. Sound like anyone you know?

KI6QBM likes this.
  7. KB1PA

KB1PA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Can someone please explain how this is NEWS? it belongs in discussions, there is NOTHING NEWSY about this, just a bunch of people having fun....

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Its not news. It is a blog.

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Again,

Rather than understanding your audience, you project yourself onto them.

Nope. Incorrect Arthur.

Why don't you take the video--nicely done-- and post it in appropriate category--not 'amateur radio news'? Surely you are capable of this.

Dozens of hams are in Puerto Rico providing emcomms. Real life.

That's news.

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Kindly provide evidence that LANDOPS has "helped others".

I am sure the potential is there. So where has LANDOPS helped?

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, I am game:

Tell us how LANDOPS has enabled you to be a 'man'. More to the point, how has LANDOPS 'helped others'?

12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

One would hope that LANDOPS would be so inclined...so, who are they sending, or what have they sent?

13. KF5THB

KF5THB Ham Member QRZ Page

VE3JEC likes this.
  14. KF5THB

KF5THB Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video, keep posting. Is there a Texas chapter? If not how do I start one. Heading to land ops.org to try to find out. Meanwhile stop by my Facebook page Bigfoot radio net, where we get together on the air and just have fun.

15. KJ4YQK

KJ4YQK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great production level of video. Would love to see this level of quality videos about Field Day.