ad: Retevis-1

Icom IC-7610 - Preview from the Dayton Hamvention 2017

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, May 22, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. VA2PV

VA2PV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here's the information provided at the hamfest. Release will be very soon, if I remember correctly I think it's July ? Price range around $3599 USD. This radio as 2 receivers equivalent of two IC-7300.

Pascal VA2PV

IC-7610.jpg

N1ASS, YO4FKO, WF9Q and 1 other person like this.
  2. NJ1S

NJ1S Ham Member QRZ Page

Sweet rig. I have every intention on buy one this year if they release! 7300 please hi hi joking

WI9Z likes this.
  3. K1FBI

K1FBI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Gorgeous rig!

W2ZR likes this.
  4. K7YB

K7YB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

great rig, but can't see the value of two receivers when I concentrate on one QSO at a time and contest by myself. Love the BIG display and it's an SDR in ONE box for a decent price (love the 7300...outstanding portable/entry level radio, but not my cup of tea). I hope it has the remote capabilities the 7300 does. Maybe get a 7610 when the big sale hits!...V31YB

5. KD6SBR

KD6SBR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

with HF as bad as it is now and not looking to get better anytime soon, this is too much (IMO) $3600 for this type of radio now. I guess if you have the $$$ to waste then go for it.

W4FBI and KD5OM like this.
  6. K4DJM

K4DJM Ham Member QRZ Page

The July date was being thrown around before the Dayton Hamvention. At Dayton, the Icom guys were giving estimates of October.

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Two receivers allows you to do binaural reception, and diversity reception. Not just simultaneous different bands.

It hurts my 62 year old ears to hear mono anymore...

N6WMD and K7YB like this.
  8. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

Hf is bad? I just got DXCC mixed in 84 days.... Perhaps you NEED an new rig?

N8DC, KG7VTO, AC8AP and 8 others like this.
  9. KC6KNL

KC6KNL Ham Member QRZ Page

According to the Pre-Release Brochure, the 7610 has an Ethernet Port for direct communication with RS-BA1 software. No Server PC with USB Connection needed.

ICOM IC-7610 – Pre-release Brochure | QRZ Now – Ham Radio News!
    http://qrznow.com/icom-ic-7610-pre-release-brochure/

I love the remote operation with RS-BA1 on the IC-7300.

Steve
    KC6KNL

K7YB and WF4W like this.
  10. KA5ROW

KA5ROW Ham Member QRZ Page

Retiring in a year and a half I know I will buy one. A great looking rig. The only thing that,could change that is if Kenwood came out with one in that range, half way between the TS-590 and the TS-990.

K3MRK, W2CY and W8LGZ like this.
  11. WA6AM

WA6AM Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice looking rig. But price point is a little too ......well being a Ham I'm too cheap to go that much.
    73 all .

KC1FUU likes this.
  12. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

So it is like two 7300s in one case? How much would two 7300s cost? I have a 7300 and I cannot imagine needing anything else for my HF operations. However felt the same way about the rig I bought 9 years ago and payed a lot more for. Thought I would never get rid of it. Well, I guess the world is full of surprises.

13. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Never buy a brand new rig until they work out the bugs. Unless you want to pay shipping costs each time you send it back for repair.

KC2QQR and W4HM like this.
  14. KB2SMS

KB2SMS Ham Member QRZ Page

More than I'm willing to spend. Looks awesome though. But I DO want that 7300! Maybe later in the year.....

15. AD0AR

AD0AR Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm pretty satisfied with Icom quality.
    Recently they seem to shake the bugs out much better than Yaesu and the fiasco with their premature release of the FT-991.
    Look at the IC-7300 when it was a new product just hitting the shelves, but look at the track record of that radio.
    Many software updates added features and fixes. Not once a year, but every few months.
    In 2008 the IC-7600 was just hitting the shelves. Fast forward 7 years to 2015 and Icom released a firmware update that added features and functionality. 7 years later and it was like I got a new radio! Unbelieveable!!! For free!
    I am blown away by the IC-7300 functionality and I can't wait to try out the IC-7610!!!
    It would appear to me that Icom is taking their time and listening to what the customer actually wants in a radio and is taking the proper measures to appeal to a much larger customer base by trying to satisfy all the "wants".
    Sophistication at this level and then combine that with quality testing/feedback I can see why Icom is taking their time bringing this to the consumer. I feel it is going to be a very mature product when released with more features being added all the time with firmware updates.

W4HM likes this.