ad: Retevis-1

KZ8O fined $22,000 by the FCC for intentional interference

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N1FM

N1FM Guest

You don't like my signature.. really? quote If your tube don't have handles then you don't have a tube! My tube is bigger than you tube and can beat your tube up.

2. K0WVM

K0WVM Ham Member QRZ Page

You all need to get some type of serious political pressure on IC to take care of the other individual(s) in question on your side of the border, while our side puts a choke chain on the ones on this side. Otherwise, this same old song and dance will just continue on. Frankly, it would be nice to hear nothing but static on 14313kHz or the occasional QSO of people talking to one another as normal adults for a change.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  3. N5IT

N5IT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why is it that with all of the super long distance DF capabilities that some people claim that the FCC now has, is the FCC only managing to locate those operators which are properly identifying their transmissions on 313 with valid callsigns? There are many unidentified jammers that continue their antics unabated on a daily basis.

4. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you read the citations? Both were cited for failing to provide identification.

5. N5IT

Of course I read the citations, however you missed the point. The cited operators are known operators. The unknown unidentified operators somehow continue to avoid the wrath of the FCC.

6. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Well, if identification is a problem, the Feds should send them each one of these and try it for a while to see if they identify timely! LOL

634.jpg

7. W3DUB

W3DUB Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess I am too - I do as well. While I see the earlier poster's points on being at several different locations, I think that the fact that as a ham radio operator, you're still transmitting from a certain LOCATION. There is a pattern among those on 275/313 and elsewhere. They use this loophole of sorts to obfuscate their location.

Any other transmitting license where you're dealing with a substantial amount of power wants to know where the transmitting station is.

WA6MHZ - disgusting isn't it? And they really think it bothers me. Looks like in the end, I was the one who was right. Ms. Laura Smith warned them all to leave her alone. I don't think this is the end of the enforcement letters/forfeitures at all when it comes to this band of whackos.

8. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why do you think FCC is done with the matter?

9. N5IT

Well I would hope they are not, but one has to wonder about the intentional QRM/jamming occurring there by unidentified licensed and unlicensed operators, when you consider the supposed apparent level of technology available to the FCC compared to the length of time that this has gone on.

10. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, I don't think we've seen the last of the NOV's.

My guess is that they're going after the biggest culprits, the ones that they probably have the most evidence against, first. If some of the other miscreants take heed and change their ways, they might not hear another thing from the FCC. Then again... they might, if their prior (mis)deeds warrant it.

11. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

VE7KFM is verbally assaulting Mrs. Smith on 14.313 right now as I type this. I agree, VE7KFM should leave her and all other FCC employees alone. No female should have to endure that treatment in life, much less on ham radio.

12. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I find it especially amusing how some of the .313 crowd is on here in this very forum right now, scoffing at others who operate on .313 the way they do.

Something about maintaining your own house, before complaining about others comes to mind.

I think it would be great, and I would commend any of you guys if you would turn a new leaf.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  13. W4AMP

I find it amusing that you know who operates there.:rolleyes:

I left there six months ago. When are you?

14. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I know who operates there not because I am listening on .313, but rather because my search engine works and the frequent flyer callsigns of .313 , and thier audio recordings, are posted all over the internet.

You seem offended by my earlier comment. Why?.. Does the shoe fit?

15. W4AMP

Where is my commendation?;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.