ad: TinyPaddle-1

Episode 29 - 100 Watts and a Wire Podcast Available

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WY7YL, Feb 2, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WY7YL

WY7YL Ham Member QRZ Page

Episode 29 of the podcast 100 Watts and a Wire this week has Christian, K0STH and Katie, WY7YL talking about getting concrete in the ground! Christian digs a hole, fills it, and waits. But, how long? We also figure out the logistics for and announce the dates for the first 100 Watts and a Wire activity days! Plus, we introduce you to W1PEP who we met during our weekly net!

Stop by and listen to the podcast on the website here: http://100wattsandawire.com/100-watts-and-a-wire/2016/2/1/activity-days-are-announced or download on iTunes or Stitcher.

Created by Christian Cudnik, K0STH in May of 2015, 100 Watts and a Wire is a program celebrating amateur radio through the eyes of a new ham. The show features topical conversation and interviews, news and an entertaining look at the adventures of a ham trying to figure it all out. 100 Watts and a Wire is perfect for those who are new to ham radio, their Elmers, the seasoned radio operator, and the technically curious crowd. Whether you run 5 watts or 1500 watts, there's something for everyone. Join Emmy winner Christian Cudnik, KØSTH and Katie Allen, WY7YL for an inside a look at the world of amateur radio.

100 WATTS AND A WIRE [ON THE AIR]
    • 100 Watts and a Wire: Calling frequencies are 14287 and 7180. [+ or -]
    • 100 Watts and a Wire NET is Thursday at 8p Central [02:00 UTC] on 7.180 [+ or -] We begin 15 minutes before the Net with early and short time check ins.

WB5ORT, K3TEF, K1CME and 25 others like this.
  2. N0IRS

N0IRS Ham Member QRZ Page

And this is an inside look at Amateur radio?

WN1MB likes this.
  3. WY7YL

WY7YL Ham Member QRZ Page

It's our experience that we are sharing. There are so many facets to amateur radio to enjoy, we are simply sharing what we experienced in snapshots in time.

WB5ORT, WA5SAT, K1CME and 21 others like this.
  4. KF5RHI

KF5RHI Ham Member QRZ Page

And then there's your angelic voice, Katey! :D

K1CME, WY7YL and WA5AZQ like this.
  5. K0STH

K0STH Ham Member QRZ Page

this is not for you

WB5ORT, K3TEF and N2KOJ like this.
  6. N4MN

N4MN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the work that you both put into this podcast. I love the laid-back nature of the discussion and I miss the lawn mower guys. I can't wait for spring. :)

K3TEF, WY7YL, N5OTH and 1 other person like this.
  7. KF5BET

KF5BET Ham Member QRZ Page

Love listening to the podcasts...funny and informative at the same time. The technical stuff gets very deep very quickly. You guys make ham "fun" and a community which is a big part of the hobby. There are plenty of places on the interwebs for the technical stuff, this is more community oriented and ragchew for the masses. Love it!

KF5RHI, W4MAL, KM4PYQ and 3 others like this.
  8. W8KJR

W8KJR Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome episode guys! Informative and interesting as always.

KI9W likes this.
  9. N4EGA

N4EGA Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome podcasts! Very informative about different aspects of ham radio.

N2KOJ and KI9W like this.
  10. KE0CGB

KE0CGB Ham Member QRZ Page

You guys are doing great, Im gonna try to catch the net more often. 73' ke0cgb

11. NN1C

NN1C XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sir,
    Although I understand you may not enjoy the show, I think rude commentary is unneeded. This show is clearly a huge success, as for what we say when we are on the radio, if you don't like something you hear on the bands, just spin the dial. You don't QRM them, or shout rude things at them on the air (or at least I hope you don't), so no need to do it online. You are clearly a smart and kind fellow, lets all be happy and enjoy ham radio! If you aren't having fun... do something else in our great hobby!
    Yes I do love 100 Watts and a Wire, but I understand we all like different things.
    Feel free to email me! I'm always happy to talk!

K3TEF, N4BRJ, K7KVH and 14 others like this.
  12. K4AAQ

K4AAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, N0IRS, I've been a licensed ham since 1965, an Advanced since 1969 and an Extra since 2000, and I think that gives me the standing to say:

YES, it is an inside look at Amateur Radio.

And a very enjoyable one at that.

Oh, and Marty KC1CWF, up there above me, has every bit as much standing as I do to stake a claim in Amateur Radio.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    K3TEF, N7CPM, KF5BET and 9 others like this.
  13. KG5ILR

KG5ILR Ham Member QRZ Page

I listened to the podcast for the first time and I was impressed so I joined. The activity weekend is just what the doctor ordered great chance to make new friends and some great contacts with out all the pressure of a contest style event. Looking forward to the event.

WY7YL, WB0VPS and N2KOJ like this.
  14. K6ABR

K6ABR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Really enjoy the podcast! It seems like you both are really hitting your stride at this point.

WY7YL likes this.
  15. N5OTH

N5OTH Ham Member QRZ Page

I enjoy the podcasts and the FB group is awesome -- very helpful ideas and suggestions. Keep up the good work Katie and Christian and group members.

WY7YL likes this.