Callsign
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: IMPORTANT FCC Issues Request for Comments on EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS BY AMATEUR RADI

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec

Quote Originally Posted by K0JS View Post
    To the extent that many municipalities create special assessment districts with HOA's to build and maintain infrastructure for convernience and to divert costs, one wonders why the FCC sees the child, but fails to see the father? Does not PRB1 logically apply to both without Congress assent?
    I like your theory but I don't think it applies. In their year 2000 denial of ARRL's petition, FCC made it clear they were drawing a line between local government rules vs. HOA/CC&R private contracts. Federalism vs. regulation of private industry. For whatever reason FCC felt comfortable exercising their authority government-to-government in a vertical fashion (federal down to local gov't), but not comfortable regulating private contracts (even though they had the authority to do so). I see your point, that many HOA's function as a quasi-government, but ultimately HOAs are private corporations.

Try to find any homes without CC&Rs in the Metro Atlanta area... try maybe 30 miles outside Atlanta.
    Last edited by W4SKB; 04-11-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by W4SKB View Post
    Try to find any homes without CC&Rs in the Metro Atlanta area... try maybe 30 miles outside Atlanta.
    So true of newer (decades old already!) housing stock virtually everywhere near civilization. And as for the moral argument that one is certainly free to seek non-HOA residency elsewhere, regardless of personal cost, the same argument no longer applies to municipalities thanks to PRB1. Beginning to wonder why the FCC ever bothered themselves. Whenever I get the blues over this, re-reading Pentel vs Mendota Hts perks me up a bit.

2000 FCC petition signatures @ 1600Z on 4/27/12

If you haven't signed check out the link below...

http://www.change.org/petitions/fede...and-developers

2200 petition signatures 4/29/12 @ 2120Z

Sad, only 94 comments have been sent to the FCC re this issue as of 5-2-12. Wake up guys, take the time to file a comment with the FCC. I did today. Write a letter and save it as a file so you may attach it to the comment.
    Speak now or for ever hold your opinion. We need more than 94 comments!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7