ad: portazero-1

Yaesu to release a new 50W Dual-Band mobile radio, the FTM-6000R!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Sep 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure, I always went to the battery myself.

2. WX4SGA

WX4SGA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What about the FTM-400DX. Dual band 50W Bluetooth capable. Built-in GPS receiver and antenna provides location, time, direction and APRS® information. A GPS Logging Function is included. The FTM-400DR is cross-band capable when in Analog mode; 1200/9600bps APRS® (Automatic Packet Reporting System) Data communication capability included.

So what is so much better?

3. K8XG

K8XG Ham Member QRZ Page

I have found that noise is from the unshielded traffic lite controller boxes. I put the CTCSS on to stop it.

KK9W likes this.
  4. N6NLX

N6NLX Ham Member QRZ Page

That’s an interesting find. I’d like to be able to lock out channels when it stops scanning due to stations making noise or non English speaking.

5. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

I've considered buying an OCI 2m bandpass filter to block that garbage. I'm usually on 146.52 simplex, so I can't use CTCSS or other such solutions. The filter isn't too expensive and would mount nicely next to the radio, which is mounted on the transmission tunnel on my truck.

Chris

K8XG likes this.
  6. W5JCK

W5JCK Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll stick with my old, but still working great, FT-7800R.

1 person likes this.
  7. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

never had any good luck with yaesu since vertex standard bought them out

8. W7CHP

W7CHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm sure this is a very good high quality radio like everything Yaesu makes. However there is nothing here that would make me want to buy this radio. Most of us have good duel band radios that work just fine. What is better about his one? Nothing.

How about something we don't have enough of like a GOOD quality Japanese designed 50w triband for 2m/1.25m/& 70cm? Or how about a REAL VHF radio that supports all of the VHF bands and not just 2m? Something that would expand and enhance the hobby.

Yaesu, give us something that we need/want and don't already have, PLEASE.

N0YPD likes this.
  9. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You need GM function! © Yaesu
    :D

10. WS9K

WS9K Ham Member QRZ Page

I like it

I like my simple FT-7900 mobile

simple is good when driving

…..and running HF mobile

KC7JNJ likes this.
  11. K9EI

K9EI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dual bander with BT. This should make the "trucker" hams happy!

12. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am trying to figure out where is Yaesu going with this simple,boring,somewhat cheap looking dual band radio?
    Let's quick get a radio on the market to make some quick bucks?

13. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think this is a market segment that needs to be filled! The 7900 is for me (it’s what’s in my car) everything I need. I don’t need all this fusion and D star, digital this digital that I don’t need any of that, I want to simple analog dual band. It’s the very reason the wife and I just bought FT 60r we don’t need all of those whizbangs and whistles we just want a simple and that works for us.

So I’m happy to see this come to market will see if the radio is any good in the future.

KC8QMU likes this.
  14. G7DAZ

G7DAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't hold your breath...they're working on it right now; Yaesu has just given them an excuse to make another "click-bait" video that will serve no other purpose other than to fill "their" coffers (clicks = $$££). Said video will then be plastered on the front page of the Zed.

"Celebs" ha ha; i think you may have made a typo...here in Blighty it's spelt with the letters "P" and "L" ;)

K3RW likes this.
  15. W4DXL

W4DXL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought all their new radios would be equipped with C4FM System Fusion.