Yaesu to release 200W and 100W HF SDR Transceivers

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Aug 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KC2TE

KC2TE Ham Member QRZ Page

This is insane is a all out war,bet yaesu and icom they make a new radio and withing few weeks they come out with a new
    version, and those that they want to be on top , well they are throwing the money down the drain.there fore they making them rich
    and enjoying the war who is going to make more $$ in this insane war. BE WISE..

KC2TE

2. DM2LI

DM2LI Ham Member QRZ Page

looks like a FTDX 1200 0r 3000 , hope the waterfall is better on these SDR radios , I wonder what the retailprice will be , but as one can see SDR radios are taking over , I wonder what Kenwood is doing about SDR , let the price-battle between Icom and Yaesu begin

3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Knobs or lack thereof do not define an SDR. ;)

AA7VA, KM5BOR, KA0HCP and 2 others like this.
  4. K7LZR

K7LZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like a nice enough modern radio to preserve the FT-101x linage but no matter what they come up with it will NEVER be the same because it was as much the era as it was the equipment. I doubt that very many of the new rigs will gain a cult following of such magnitude
    as their forerunners of yesteryear.

But I am glad to see that in 2018 amateur radio is still important enough to Yaesu, Icom, and Kenwood that they continue to produce new models :).

VK6APZ, W7TRD, K2SDS and 8 others like this.
  5. KK6GBY

KK6GBY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not a defining factor but a characteristic.

NH7RO likes this.
  6. SV3IRG

SV3IRG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

YAESU still provides quality,case,knobs very good materials...like other Japan products....but isn't Kenwood,Icom etc...

NH7RO likes this.
  7. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not really. The Flex M transceivers are most assuredly SDRs, but they do have knobs...Flex pasted a Maestro on the front. Why? That's what people want, SDR or not. ;)

KM5BOR likes this.
  8. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

If there are 20 hams calling a DX station and running 100 Watts the 200 watt station has the advantage. (antennas being equal gain, distance, etc.)
    200 Watts with a high gain antenna will be giving 600 watts and a vertical station a run for the money.

K2SDS and KM5BOR like this.
  9. KK6GBY

KK6GBY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And from my perspective the addition of the Maestro created a departure from a "true" SDR which was meant to be PC controlled. And this is just my spin on things - nothing important.

NH7RO likes this.
  10. KF5GTX

KF5GTX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just wish the FT-DX101D and FT-DX101MP had full duplex for satellites, plus everything the FT-847 has.