ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Yaesu FTM-300 Programming

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6F, Jul 1, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. AD0MI

AD0MI Ham Member QRZ Page

the lack of options for the programmable buttons sucks, too, and why is P1 hard coded to GM when GM is already a button on the control head? We need to be able to shortcut keys for TONE and DCS codes, and being able to shortcut to the BACKTRACK screen would be awesome as well. It's also not a true digital dual VFO receiver, it will only decode audio from the VFO selected.

2. KR1P

KR1P Ham Member QRZ Page

I've had mine for a month. It has worked pretty much flawlessly and I like how it looks and feels. However, I am noticing some screen burn-in. It's pretty slight but definitely noticeable. It worries me for what it might look like in a year! Anyone else noticing slight screen burn-in?

3. AB0R

AB0R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

While I am admittedly not a huge Yaesu fan, this radio has had me scratching my head from the start. Why would anyone buy this instead of the 400? Tiny screen, no touch interface, too many buttons on the Mic, made in China? And priced just below the flagship model.

I don't mean to be negative: but what the heck?

4. W7TW

W7TW Ham Member QRZ Page

Anybody know if there is a way to turn the back lighting off on the mic?

5. KD1ELK

KD1ELK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm a Yaesu fan in many ways, but I assume this radio was created to further force their digital mode for as cheaply as they could, and not much else. Making a mobile radio with a screen the size of an HT is crazy to me.