ad: AbAuRe-1

XIEGU X6200 Confirmed with New Photos?

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by KN4MKB, Dec 5, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KN4MKB

KN4MKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Saw this on the Radioddity Website tonight, and figured Id' talk about it some, as well as show a groups.io page the was formed today as well.

2. K0CXF

K0CXF Ham Member QRZ Page

Anxious to see what they will price it at! :D

3. KN4MKB

Yeah me too. Those external band additions seem like they could add onto the cost as well. I wonder how they will execute that.

4. K9NUD

K9NUD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I wonder if they have overcome the charging quirks and overheating issues.

5. KN4MKB

I hope so. Not being able to charge and use a full 10W at the same time is a strange issue. I've added a heat sink to the back of mine and it seemed to help out.

6. M0OPI

M0OPI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I seen the RTTY capability and the CW modem built in, along with the battery pack. That made me happy. Also glad it has a satble TCXO....just wonder how stable it will be before warm up

7. K0CXF

K0CXF Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure glad I saw your post here. I came so close to buying a X6100 when I came across this post doing a google search to see who had the best price. Now I will kick back and wait.

8. WN1C

WN1C Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately the groups.io is both closed and doesn't want any lurkers. However, they do have a public notice in their description:
    Update February 5th, 2024:
    Xiegu is planning a first trial production run for March 2024. If all goes well, real production will start shortly thereafter. If major corrections are required, the real production run will be delayed accordingly. Radioddity is planning to sell the X6200 starting with the real production batch.

So things are getting somewhere at least.

9. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Still vaporware at this point. I wonder who the beta testers are - other than the folks that buy the first production run...

10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I like the overall layout and ergonomics of the old G90 better, although it doesn't cover six meters.

I've had a G90 for three years now and continue to be amazed at not just how well it works but also how easy it is to use with PUI via the front panel or the microphone. If they'd just add 6m and 2m to that, I'd buy another one.