ad: cq2k-1

Wow! Hamvention 2017 Attendance: 29,296

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8HJR, Jun 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. NK9Y

NK9Y Ham Member QRZ Page

The count could still be off a bit. In my case, a friend was planning on going also, so I purchased both tickets. He changed his mind, so I put both tickets in the barrel, with my call on them. Could be others also used two, or more each. Not that it really matters. As long a rampaging bull does not kill me, I'll be there for many years to come.

2. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

glad to hear it. It should be even better next year

3. KB0KBJ

KB0KBJ Ham Member QRZ Page

We'll see next year or few years down the road. It may be people checking it out for the first year or so. We'll see. Hopefully not,of course.

4. KZ4USA

KZ4USA Ham Member QRZ Page

What a MUD hole it was.

5. W8GRI

W8GRI Ham Member QRZ Page

My 12th year is a row! I wonder why I never went before? I miss the old HARA arena but not the issues, but that is not why I went.... Now Dayton-Xenia, this was great even with the few problems and those should be straightened out. Food was great! The people from DARA and the Fair Board did a great job!

mud.jpg

This was Saturday in the flea-market.... some sort of roll out mat would be the ticket!

I've already made my room reservations for next year!

73 Rod W8GRI

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure, there was mud. But this photo leads one to believe the whole Xenia ended up as mud, which didnt happen.

This shot is near the horse track. On Friday, it was green grass. After the major storms on Saturday--tornadoes hit quite a ways away--you did get some mud. Why? Because the vehicles and rain turned those sections from grass to mud pies.

If you are thinking of NOT coming next years because of MUD, you are choosing the wrong reason.

Chip W1YW

7. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like the lowest point was when the economy tanked. So the high number could represent several things. Economy, location, etc...I would like to think it represented an re newed interest in AR but I doubt it.....

8. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone should be selling MUD BOOTS and HIP WADERS there. They will make a FORTUNE!!!