ad: ProAudio-1

Winter Field Day log problem

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W0WDF, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N8KC

N8KC Ham Member QRZ Page

Well.... I'm afraid I don't have very good news.
    Our club has operated WFD for a number of years. We've been trying to contact anyone at SPAR in order to submit our entry.
    We recently received two replies from members of SPAR's Board of Directors (all also founding members).

Unfortunately, W5ALT had a stroke late last year and is still recovering. The other Board members of SPAR we've heard from are all also infirm and incapable at this time of handling the WFD scoring and SPAR organization needs. We were told that Walt would be trying to cope with WFD stuff as soon as he can, but not much else, and nothing on the submittal issue. As I write this, he's still in re-hab (not at home, I tried calling there). There was also some mention of the possibility of SPAR disbanding.
    Curiously, their charter essentially made the founders (4) the permanent Board of Directors of SPAR. I see no evidence that they've ever moved beyond the charter document to elect officers or replace Board members as they become SKs or inactive in the organization... a sure-fire way to ensure it's demise.
    Looks like we'll have to wait and see.........

2. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Well. that sucks. I finally got all the logs rounded up and organized, and now I find I wasted my time and effort.

3. N8KC

N8KC Ham Member QRZ Page

OK... this is the latest I've got on the WFD log submittal problem. As stated in previous post, SPAR leadership is in a bit of disarray since W5ALT had a stroke. The other members of the Board are now making an effort to collect WFD logs and entries for scoring........ same prcedure as before, just a different email address.

The address I was given is: winterfd@att.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.