ad: HamHats-1

Winter Field Day 2024. Tank Radio Style

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG5AHJ, Feb 1, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KG5AHJ

KG5AHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Join Me for KN5TR Winter Field Day 2024 and a Trip to NASE WITH N8YO. Then we operated from Galveston State Park for POTA that rolled into Winter Field Day 2024. Swing by for the Friends, Good times, and FREAKING NASA field trip.

Frank L.

DF5EN, KG5RJR, K0BZ and 8 others like this.
  2. US4ET

US4ET Ham Member QRZ Page

VERY INTERESTING , THANK YOU!!!! from US4ET Victor. 73!!!! BYE !!!!

KG5AHJ likes this.
  3. K5OP

K5OP Ham Member QRZ Page

Good video Frank. FYI QRZ shows your license is expiring in 12 days.

KG5AHJ likes this.
  4. N4LOX

N4LOX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Me back in my shuttle days…..

5. VK5KKS

VK5KKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting cigar lighter. Good video, you didn't have a BBQ going anywhere?

KG5AHJ likes this.
  6. NI9Y

NI9Y XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As always very interesting to see your antics. I was never likd that when I was young. Now 83 and still operate every early morning on 3.5352 or 7.035 Mhz.
    Keep going my friend.

KG5AHJ and VU2JO like this.
  7. AI5NQ

AI5NQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Galveston Island SP is a special park. I like to kayak fish on the bayside in the early morning and do a POTA activation in the evening at the picnic shelters.

KD8WU and KG5AHJ like this.
  8. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

The visit of the NASA reminded me back to my visit in Speyer, Germany. Here at the Technik Museum Speyer. https://speyer.technik-museum.de/de/raumfahrt

Its nice to see the development of space science in real and touchable. After my visit I asked myself how the Space Cowboys came back alive. Its so rudimentary what I saw.

The fieldday, if its liked, is nice too. Everybody can do the own specials and what is to try outside. From HF up to SHF, it can be fun for the operators and the public around. Here just for to see how wide the topics in the hobby are spreaded. And with more fantasy, it can be much bigger. So that intrested persons get infected with the HAM-Radio virus, too.

Apollo8_Homemovies_SSTV.png

KG5AHJ likes this.
  9. WA4BRL

WA4BRL Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee, that neat title photo on your video makes me wonder whether I could do a Feild Day just outside the main gate at Langley Research Center. The grass area behind that beautiful 3D NASA sign would be a fun location. And maybe that globe would load up micely on the higher HF bands.:)

My father spent his career there as an Aeronautical Engineer, 1942-1975.

NASA main gate sign. 12-2017 A.jpg

NASA main gate sign. 12-2017 C.jpg

de WA4BRL, Steve - 52 yeaqrs in Amateur Radio

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    DF5EN, KG5RJR and KG5AHJ like this.
  10. KG5AHJ

No Problem, i love sharing the Fun times and plus IT is NASA

11. KG5AHJ

Thank you, i just renewed it yesterday. IT was an PAIN in the butt, the video on that is up and coming

K5OP likes this.
  12. KG5AHJ

NO BBQ this time.

You got to fun and never stop learning.

13. K6BBQ

K6BBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Did someone call me?
    K6BBQ

DF5EN and KD8WU like this.
  14. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

If you really want to visit that region, its maybe more comfortable for you to use an own Pi-Star port. This just for to contact home with HAM-Radio.

Germany is mostly a DMR country with closed repeater circles. I dont like it, but that will not change a thing.