ad: Radclub22-1

WA6YRU signing off

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WA6YRU, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA6YRU

WA6YRU QRZ Member QRZ Page

For anyone in the amateur radio world who ever knew my grandfather Joe A. Bocanegra Sr. call sign WA6YRU, he past away last week. He was born in August 1914 and one of his greatest joys after God and his family was talking radio technology. He always had a small lab and huge antennae in his back yard and I remember he would often tell me stories about how he had friends all over the planet and he would show me all his new cool equipment. Even though I grew up in the computer age where communication is generally taken for granted, it is still a wonder to me that a voice conversation can occur between two or more people across an ocean by riding invisible waves traveling across the sky; I can certainly understand why my grandfather was so intrigued with amateur radio during his time.

I just wanted the amateur radio world to know he enjoyed his many years, even into his 90's working and playing with his friends.

On behalf of my grandfather, WA6YRU signing off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.