ad: GoBoxRadio-1

WA2BRX, Michael J. Koziol ?? Silent Key ??

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W7AYN, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W7AYN

W7AYN Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently did a search to locate an old friend, and was sent to a Obituary Column in a small local news letter or local paper
    in the Rochester, NY area where Mike lived, saying that Michael J. Koziol had passed away early in September of this year.

Can anyone confirm this?

He is a friend that I met quite a few years ago at an APCO convention and we used to correspond via Email and saw each
    other now and then at several APCO national Conferences. The address in the obituary was the last address I had for him,
    so I suspect he has passed away and we had not been communicating for some time.

73'
    Bob Gates
    W7AYN
    Mesa, AZ

2. K5IJK

K5IJK Ham Member QRZ Page

Found this for your friend,sorry for your loss .
    [h=1]Michael J. Koziol[/h]
    Obituary

Chili: Michael J. Koziol, who absolutely loved life and lived it well, died peacefully while holding his wife's hand on September 4, 2013 at the age of 57.

Michael was a man of pure faith, integrity, and unbreakable loyalties. His sense of humor and hearty laugh were trademarks. He loved the adventures of life, having the latest electronic gadget, old movies, looking for moose, the state of Maine, romance, photography, hosting theme parties, cooking on his Big Green Egg, tent camping, campfires, reading on his Kindle, anything from the 1940's era, intellectual challenges, the Glenn Miller Band, being part of the Lions Club of Chili, dogs (especially Tucker and Emma), and making his wife happy. He was a dear, dear man, and the most courageous person most of us have ever known.

He leaves behind his loving wife of 17 years, Joy St. Clair Koziol; his parents, Chester and Doris Koziol of Olean, New York; his brother by choice, Daniel Woods of Bloomfield, New York; his sister by choice, Marci Dietz of Rochester, New York; his "adopted" sister and brother, Pat and Richard Wyatt of Glasgow, Kentucky; his best friend David Harris of Rochester, New York; a large number of well-loved cousins and other relatives; and his family in the Lions Club of Chili, New York.

Michael was born in Olean, New York on June 22, 1956. He attended Rochester Institute of Technology where he earned a BS and MBA and worked 30+ years in the Department of Campus Safety. One of his favorite volunteer activities was with Upstate Guide Dogs as Puppy Raiser and Coordinator of Volunteer Activities. He was the current President of the Lions Club of Chili.

The family will hold private services in Rochester and in Olean.In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Lions Club of Chili, New York. K 5 i J K Frank King

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.