ad: Halibut-1

W2KSO, Ken Suominen, Feb 7, 2024

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KD2ZTE, Feb 11, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD2ZTE

KD2ZTE Ham Member QRZ Page

Ken was my Elmer, my neighbor, my friend. God speed Ken. Family and friends miss you.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Kenneth Suominen, W2KSO SK

Kenneth Suominen, Age 79, passed away on February 7th, 2024 at Ocean University Medical Center, Brick.
    He was born in Staten Island NY and raised in Metuchen, graduating Metuchen High school in 1962. He attended Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach before being drafted to serve in the Vietnam war. He was a Warrant Officer and Pilot in the US Army and was awarded a bronze star. He was employed by the US Postal Service in Metuchen for over 30 years. Ken was an active member of the CB radio club and a tech and computer enthusiast. He enjoyed music from the 50s and spending time on his boat in Forked River.
    He is survived by his daughter and son-in-law, Sandra and Chris Phillips, and grandson Matthew Phillips, of Point Pleasant, and sister Karin Kenny of Riverside CT. He is predeceased by his parents, Laila and Raymond Suominen.
    At his request, no funeral or memorial service will be held. In his memory, enjoy special time with family and friends.
    Services are entrusted to Jersey Shore Cremation, 43 Taylor Avenue, Manasquan, NJ.
    https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/kenneth-suominen-obituary?id=54348168

KD2ZTE likes this.