ad: ProAudio-1

TQSL Runs On Raspberry Pi 3

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0PIR, Apr 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

2. W4TYD

W4TYD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The RPi3 is definitely a great device with so many posibilities for ham use. I have wsjt-x and flgigi installed. Have also used xastir to APRS beacon through the International Space Station. But right now it is using Direwolf modem software, and it is running as a APRS fill-in digi and igate.

K0PIR likes this.
  3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The only problem with the RPi3, Is that it is very addictive.

Once you play with one, You need another so that you can try something different.

I am hooked on Allstar Nodes at the moment.

Linux Rocks. :cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    WA4TUX and K0PIR like this.
  4. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, see that link from the other comment. VNC is easy, just enable it on the Pi and install the client on the PC. I would suggest using a monitor, keyboard and mouse in the beginning. It'll probably be better and then give VNC a shot so you can see how you like it.

5. K0PIR

Yeah the possibilities are endless! Thanks for the comment and I'll have to look at those you mention. Exciting stuff!

6. K0PIR

Yes, so much to do and so little time :) I'll have to lookup Allstar Nodes too!

7. KF6BL

KF6BL Ham Member QRZ Page

OK... i'm pressed... get it running on a Commodore 64 and I will be really impressed. :D

K0PIR likes this.
  8. WF5W

WF5W Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, I've always done cornbread in a cast iron pan, so cornbread R round