ad: Radclub22-1

The US Air Force reveals radical plan to 'bomb the sky' to improve radio reception

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KK4EQF, Aug 23, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KK4EQF

KK4EQF Ham Member QRZ Page

2. VK4SDD

VK4SDD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Smoke and mirrors, flying pigs, you all get the picture

KB0TT likes this.
  3. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Creating an artificial ionosphere would be welcomed by HF Fans G3SEA/KH6 :cool:

4. KF6FRR

KF6FRR Ham Member QRZ Page

If these projects have the possibility of reality, then quite possibility it would improve the communication for HF users and others. However in earlier articles it was revealed that the use of plasma bombs could be used to interrupt enemy satellites, making them unable to operative. I'm not a doomsday, chicken little, or any other conspiracy fanatic. I can see the benefit of improving communication capabilities if in theory this will work. The only way to see if it has a possibility is to experiment. However what may work in the lab under controlled environment, does not necessary work in the real world! Like I said earlier, it could be used to interrupt enemy satellites, what makes you think it wouldn't interrupt our own satellites. You know what happens to intellectual property, someone or some country generally gets a hold of it. So our secret spy device becomes a device to be used against us.

Enough of doom and gloom, it might work and become a benefit to the world as a whole!

5. W9MRH

W9MRH Ham Member QRZ Page

"improve radio reception" are you kidding me. We bounce signals off the moon and meteor trails for heaven's sake. We give awards for a thousand miles per watt. We make contacts with the smallest fractions of a watt. How is reception going to be improved over what we already have!

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

This is intended as a transient event, not a mid term improvement. If it is used, there is a good chance of hostilities and shutdown of US hams...

7. GM3ZZA

GM3ZZA Ham Member QRZ Page

8. K5DJW

K5DJW Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like a retry of the old "Operation Smokepuff" from back in the 1950's. Don't remember many of the details, but a lot of us listened on our old receivers on 10 meters for signals that might be a result of reflection from a gas cloud released from rocket shots in NM. Never heard any results reported.

9. N0RRS

N0RRS Ham Member QRZ Page

10. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Massive amounts? Aren't CubeSats limited to just over 1 kilogram of payload each?

For some reason, I think this story is the result of someone pulling someones leg.

Scientist holding a CubeSat:

[​IMG]

11. KB5PX

KB5PX Ham Member QRZ Page

I BELIEVE THIS IS HOW RUMERS GET STARTED.

KB5PX

12. N0FQN

N0FQN Ham Member QRZ Page

Your probably correct in the assumption it's a ploy. Even if it wasn't who would really benefit from it? To put up enough of it there would have to be a major cluster of them and, anything at that level can't be good for the environment.

13. N0AMY

N0AMY Ham Member QRZ Page

New world order poison... yeah i think not... I guess the chem trails are not enough to control people with heavy metals.

14. K5BO

K5BO Ham Member QRZ Page

WHAT?

15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Umm.. Can you be more specific?

These sats are made to produce a temp ionosphere in time of war, if HEMP takes out comsats.