ad: HamHats-1

The Solar Eclipse Is One Month Away!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WX2R, Mar 8, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N2FIX

N2FIX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I will be dead center of the Eclipse hear in Genesee County NY I plan to operate and broadcast live on my YouTube channel N2FIX

2. N2FIX

We will be YouTube live April 8th 2024 for the Solar Eclipse operating W2E special event call here in Genesee County NY we are directly in the path and will see total totality. A big thanks to The ROC-HAM Radio Network in Rochester, New York for allowing us to operate here from Genesee County sharing their special event call https://www.roc-ham.net/solar-eclipse... We not only plan to stream live but have a camera outside so you can watch the Eclipse over our shack.
    https://www.youtube.com/live/3Cq2iIXqb_4?si=CLyI7NOT7taYSjKe

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
    K2GSP likes this.
  3. KE8YSJ

KE8YSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Remember the traffic scene from THE DAY AFTER.... well, keep that image in mind.
    How true.
    Lyman
    KE8YSJ

W1YW likes this.
  4. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

National Weather Guesser Service forecast says Monday will be sunny in middle New Hampshire.

The 9"-16" of snow that's forecasted for Wednesday/Thursday should be still around to see the eclipse. That'll freshen up the New England mud season experience for those people from away.

I'm betting that will reduce the number of naked hippy sun worshippers up 'narth come Monday. :D

Screenshot_20240402-064756.png

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
    WQ2H likes this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I will be in St Jay also... about 25 north of the NH QTH...

6. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

So glad I took the snowblower off the tractor. Good ole' Cow Hampshire. :eek:

N1VAU likes this.
  7. N3GY

N3GY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Let's see what happen; i'm in the great super spot, Western Lake Erie,PA; PRESQUE ISLE,PARK, RT; I-76 TURNPIKE, & / I-80 / I-90 WILL BRING YOU HERE / And most of all I-79 coming EAST - Will bring you straight to LAKE ERIE,PA. small town, If you planning to come up here, to enjoy the time & day,

Since Erie is in the path of totality, we expect to have anywhere from 56,000 to 200,000 visitors. While we wholeheartedly welcome visitors to our amazing city, we want everyone to be aware of what to do to make the day as enjoyable and safe as possible.

Will be Monitoring all bands, from my back yard camping ground out doors, ; best to all out there, & 1-st of all ; protocols #1; Stay safe wear the Glasses at the Solar Eclipse moment , # 2; If driving don't look up, Look down for your & family out there safety, # 3 Enjoy the day with the family ;

Best to all;
    Hilton -N3GY
    73' ....

Attached Files:

N2FIX likes this.
  8. KC1SZS

KC1SZS Ham Member QRZ Page

Time to change the title of this post. It is one DAY away!

9. KC1SZS

Just read a post about "disaster" declarations. Gimme a break! I'm thinking the worst is some solar panels won't be working for an hour. Oh well.

10. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Does this have disaster potential?

IMG_20240407_170816.jpg

IMG_20240407_170848.jpg

WB9YPA and DO1FER like this.
  11. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I'm nowhere near but in solidarity, I'll go in the bathroom and turn the light out for 4 minutes :)

Dave
    W7UUU

WB9YPA, N1VAU and KC1SZS like this.
  12. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

The people awaiting more than the Moon will provide. Its just like dawn and not more. The big thing will happen in the atmosphere. And this is what operators really wants to know.

13. N2FIX

14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

N1VAU and W1LIM like this.
  15. KC1SZS

Just read this:
    "Hilarity coming from ME, NH, and VT. Bunch of idiots went up for the eclipse and somehow forgot that chargers are few and far between. People in VT were sleeping in their Teslas in line for the one available charging station in St. Johnsbury last night into this morning. Northern NH was even worse. Maine was a shit show."

DO1FER and W1LIM like this.