ad: Mountaingoat-1

The (K1T) Special Event Station count down to July 23, 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N6QIC, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Caught the last part of Ham Nation interview after dinner. Pretty good story but the latency was rough, resulting in choppy video; not sure my end or theirs.

2. WA4BCS

WA4BCS Ham Member QRZ Page

Their end, was the same here.

3. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave it worked . Don't worry about it. The only issue was syncing with the slides and you handled that well.

4. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WELL-DONE Dave !!! enjoyed that... (now truly a "Radio and T.V. Star") :D:cool:

Steve / W5BIB

WA4BCS likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Haha! Thanks Steve :)

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN likes this.
  6. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh, now you've done it W5BIB. :eek:

W5BIB likes this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Well, the CWT gang gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME. Of course, none of them care about K1T - I just send the exchange, and they move along - bang - in the log. So I know I'm getting a signal out on 40m and most of the CWT guys are booming in. CWT folks generally are NOT "big gun stations" - just normal folks like me. Yet they are everywhere, all around the country, and I can work them each no problem at all - maybe have to repeat K1T twice, because they aren't expect a SES call....

But calling CQ K1T? Crickets.... other than a few one-off way distant stations - the K2 I just tried to work - you were like 119 or 129 here - wayyyy below where I could pull it out. I've had practically zero CW stations come back to my K1T CQ, yet I can work CWT guys at 26 WPM all night long....

It's a really weird dynamic.

Oh well - going to take a short break then try for 40m SSB, now that I think I have my antenna back in decent order. I will do one more round of CW at 0500 UTC then off to bed - another work day tomorrow.

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

CW stations just worked that were doing CWT:

upload_2017-7-26_21-1-57.png

8. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

dang....was tied up doing something.....will be ready for 0500Z

73 de Jim, N2EY

9. W7UUU

Yessir! I will just call for you at 0500 - not CQ but to you specifically. I'm working the East Coast no problem on 40 tonight, so will try to "cut to the chase"

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  10. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

I might be deaf. Saw your spot on 7245 but not hearing anything. :(

11. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks!

QRG?

12. W7UUU

Sorry to hear - but working stations right and left on 40 SSB tonight ....

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

N7ANN likes this.
  13. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

Was looking and listening 7245 , nada
    :-/

14. W7UUU

We'll work it out Dennis - I'm sure of it. Just worked a whole slew of stations on 7245 - MN, NV, CA, IL, WY, UT, ND and TX. Wonky conditions for sure, one second S8 the next S3 but it's WAAAAYYYYY better than the last few nights.

And don't forget: it ain't a contest!! We CAN work a schedule!! :) Maybe because of our very close proximity 20m during the day? Or 40m for that matter...

Nice chatting with you today :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and K9ASE like this.
  15. W7UUU

Not the biggest run - but for 40-meters, for me, this is not bad

upload_2017-7-26_21-57-5.png

N7ANN and N2EY like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.