ad: QuirkyQRP-1

STEVE WADE KA1VHF has gone to the HAM shack in the sky

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KF4ZNM, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KF4ZNM

KF4ZNM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am sure everyone here that has ever used morse code has keyed Steve KA1VHF. He was a good friend and Ham radio great. He will be missed.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

Steven L. Wade, age 56, of Dublin, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013, at OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital. Services are pending and complete details will be published in "The Columbus Dispatch." All services entrusted to the JOHN QUINT TREBONI FUNERAL HOME, 1177 West Fifth Avenue, Columbus. www.johnquint.com.

Published in The Columbus Dispatch on Dec. 6, 2013

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dispatch/obituary.aspx?n=steven-l-wade&pid=168360707&fhid=8682

73 K2HAT Lee

3. KA8HOK

KA8HOK Ham Member QRZ Page

Steve was a great friend for 32 years. I worked multiple contests with him and had some very interesting times stretching the limits of our equipment and skills. Perhaps the pinnacle was working moonbounce contacts with him. I will always remember the early days sitting in the glow of vacuum tubes from his Johnson Viking working the Siberian stations with their auroral flutter.

73's
    Scott - KA8HOK

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  4. N8CWU

N8CWU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I knew Steve when I first got my license in the 80's. I was sorry to hear of his passing. Though we lost contact over the years, we used to have good times together in the past. RIP Steve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.