ad: QSLWorks-1

Steve Fried, K2PTS (SK)

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KB9E, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB9E

KB9E Ham Member QRZ Page

Steve passed away early this morning, losing his battle with cancer.  Steve was well known in the Schaumburg, Illinois area, being a member of several ham radio clubs including The Schaumburg Amateur Radio Club (SARC).

Steve was a member of the QCWA, OOTC, AWA, and the Morse Telegraph Club.  He was a collector of boat-anchor rigs/vintage rigs, old-style clocks, and keyer paddles.   Steve was originally licensed in 1955 as KN2PTS of Bronx, NY.  

The following message was sent to the (ILHAM@qth.net) listserv by George Sieverson, K9GDT, who was a close family friend of Steve's:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Steve will be waked this Friday and the funeral will be held on Saturday.  If anyone is interested in the particulars, let me know.

I will always remember Steve as a good friend and a good ham.  His radio interests included vintage equipment and the vintage modes of AM and CW.  For those of you who don't already know, Steve was one of a small elite group of highly proficient American Morse (railroad) telegraph operators. Also.....one of the few who knew how to send perfect International Morse on a bug.  He was the best CW OP I ever knew in my 41 years of hamming.

Steve will be missed.

Vy 73,
    George[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

A final 73, Steve, de KB9DBC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.