ad: LZQSLprint-1

Some Hams Repeater Hogs??

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KI4MSB, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KI4MSB

KI4MSB Ham Member QRZ Page

I have noticed in my week of beeing a Ham, that some people have no trouble being rude by simply hogging the repeater to themself and the other ham that they are talking to. I have caught several people doing this. I think it is time that we bring this matter to attention. People with something about the subject can not join in, or most importanly Hams with EMERGENCY situations can not get the help they need or warn other hams about thing such as trees in the road to prevent emergencys. I would like for every ham, to allow enogh time for other people to join in before you transmit!!!!

2. KI4MSB

Please be friendly to "Repeater Hogs", Just be curtious and allow enogh time for emergencys before you transmit!!!

3. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh...

My...

Goodness...

A whole week on the air and already trying to change the world!

Good Luck on your crusade Don Quixote!

[​IMG]

Gary

4. KB2VXA

KB2VXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Gary and all,

I see your point, I must have looked under your hat. [​IMG] Ah, "youthful exuberance" but he echoes the sentiments of many including myself. I don't get all bent out of shape though, I just do what the others do, go away. When the hogs finally realize there are others waiting they're not and the hogs are left guessing why. I say "guessing" because one notable hog since the mid 80s hasn't got it YET.

Then there's this guy who can time out simplex but that's another thread. [​IMG]

5. KI4MSB

Thanks for the support on my act to change the world GARY!!!
    (In A Good Way)

6. KI4MSB

Thank you kb2vxa, Please keep your transmisions short

7. KI4MSB

8. KI4MSB

9. KI4MSB

10. KI4MSB

11. KI4MSB

12. wa4cch

wa4cch QRZ Member QRZ Page

11 years old and out to change the world

WAY TO GO KID

chuck [​IMG]

13. KI4MSB

I am going to change something

14. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

They probably figure since there are probably at least 5 other repeaters out there totally unused that they can get away with monopolizing one.

Could be worse....around here we have a nice batch of 'private' closed repeaters that don't seem to get any traffic either. Perhaps if they were open, they might occasionally get kerchunked and burn some of that dust off thier finals.....

15. wa4cch

wa4cch QRZ Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]  an 11 yr old who actualy wants to do something

congrats to you kid    way to go    could you have a talk with my grandkids i can't get them to do anything

chuck [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.