ad: Mountaingoat-1

Solo Pacific Crossing @86 Guided by the Best of 73"s

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by N4JCY, Sep 7, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N4JCY

N4JCY Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham radio was my only connection to the outside world during my recent 80 day 7,515 NM solo crossing at age 86 of the Pacific Ocean from the Marshall Islands to La Cruz, Riviera Nayarit, Mexico.

K5YDD, WR2E, KL7KN and 4 others like this.
  2. KQ4GUI

KQ4GUI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have just passed my boaters safety course so I can get my boat permit. that looks bumpy but fun.

PY2NEA likes this.
  3. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Peter
    Thanks for sharing the video of your voyage. W to E in the trades is quite an accomplishment.

Best of luck going forward.

4. PY2NEA

PY2NEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Peter! you couldn't have had another background than Merchant Marine, as implied by
    :)
    Keep up the good job and inspirational life on board/ at sea
    TU

Oliver
    PS not on QRZ front page? don't even know how I managed to stumble upon Peter's thread

5. N4JCY

Oliver, thank you for the kind words and the posting of my Boat Tour video. Curious, could not locate PU2 call sign, where art though? Best - Peter N4JCY

6. N4JCY

Thank you. You obviously are familiar with the trades, the reason of my sailing as far north as 40ºN, explaining the large mileage of 7,515 NM. Best of 73s - Peter N4JCY

KL7KN likes this.
  7. N4JCY

Good luck in your endeavours, and best of 73s - Peter N4JCY

KQ4GUI likes this.
  8. PY2NEA

PY2NEA Ham Member QRZ Page

PU2 is Brazil, SP State, C-Class, but as I am currently living in São Paulo city my antenna is an Ersatz of a compromise between taller buildings. A magloop is better than nothing anyway.

Oliver

9. N4JCY

Hello Oliver, thanks for the info. The moment I received my callsign, 40 yrs ago, I tried to find 'Dragonlady', wife of Ahaluna's architect in the Pacific. On the Pacific maritime Net my call was picked up by controller King Henry6CharlieOcean, Hawaii, and Dragonlady was located in Lautoca, Fiji within a minute! I was in Nassau, Bahamas using an AVQ14 antenna on the stern rail! Best of 73s, Peter N4JCY.

PY2NEA likes this.