ad: Flexradio-1

So sad news EA7BA JOHN SK JOHN WAS. GENTLEMAN OF RADIO

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by G1IZQ, Apr 6, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. G1IZQ

G1IZQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So sad news Ea7ba is a sk John was the gentleman of the airwaves a great ham and a top man and always on 14.156 with the boys down under he worked more Vk Zl than anyone one he will be so missed and 156 will not be the same without out John RIP EA7ba John mate and thanks for all the help you gave me over the years gentleman John . From Tom G1izq and the boys on 14.156

Attached Files:

G4AKC, SHORTWAVE1963 and VK4FUQ like this.
  2. VK4FUQ

VK4FUQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am so shocked to hear this. I likewise worked John on 20 m a few times over the years, and also via email discussion. RIP John EA7BA.

ZL4AI, G4AKC and G1IZQ like this.
  3. VK3ACZ

VK3ACZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Any time I saw a big signal on the scope on 14156 during VK afternoons… it was always John with his bright and cheery voice.
    He will be sorely missed!
    RIP John.
    Peter.

4. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

May he Rest in Peace.

5. G1ZYX

G1ZYX Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got up and as usual tuned into 14156, heard VK3MO and the usual crew discussing John's (EA7BA) passing.
    Terrible news, very sad. John was always a pleasure to hear in the UK. I will miss your voice on the band John. Sleep well.
    Mike g1zyx.

6. ZL2MF

ZL2MF Ham Member QRZ Page

I am still in shock after hearing the news of my dear friend passing. John was a 20 m Legend a beacon for us ZL's.
    My xyl and I had the privilege of staying with John and Jean in 2019 at their lovely qth. 20m will not be the same after this "earthquake" event in the ham radio world. RIP John and love and hugs to Jean.
    Maurice ZL2MF and Gillian.

ZL4AI, G4SEN, SHORTWAVE1963 and 2 others like this.
  7. M0BLH

M0BLH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, lovely Man, and loved a good rag chew. Always had a good signal and was a great operator. Will be sadly missed.... I heard the news from one of his good friends - G0WHX.

G1IZQ likes this.
  8. LZ7CW

LZ7CW Ham Member QRZ Page

G1IZQ likes this.
  9. LZ7CW

LZ7CW Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sad that John will not be here with us anymore, his voice on 14.156 was the frequency to listen to for VK or ZL propagation.
    It breaks my heart to hear we will never here his Super Dulcet Tones again ever. he was an Icon with the Capital I his voice will always be remembered for me forever....Victor in Bulgaria...LZ7CW

SHORTWAVE1963 and G1IZQ like this.
  10. G4AKC

G4AKC Ham Member QRZ Page

Tragic news... Such a gentleman and a very good friend as well, he will be sadly missed and as others have said, 14.156 won't be the same without John

11. G0BGY

G0BGY Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad news, R.I.P.