ad: ProAudio-1

Sky Sat Communications Confirms Initial Production Run of TCP/IP-Enabled 4O3A Genius Radio Products

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by AA7XT, Oct 1, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AA7XT

AA7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

Igalo, Montenegro & Grand Junction, Colorado - October 1, 2015 - Sky Sat Communications founder and CEO Ranko Boca (amateur radio callsign 4O3A) today confirmed the initial production runs of Antenna Genius 8x2TM, Interface Genius IG-M and Rotator Genius joining Station Genius SSC-XL in the 4O3A Genius product line manufactured by Sky Sat Communications d.o.o. of Igalo, Montenegro. All will be available in North America via the Force 12 Superstore and select dealers starting in October 2015 with pre-orders accepted starting today at www.Force12inc.com.

The 4O3A Genius product line is distinguished by its prioritizing of TCP/IP for communication, both between Genius line devices and with third party radio communications equipment and software including Windows PC and Android-based apps. 4O3A Genius products were designed as network devices from the beginning, not as a ‘bolted on’ feature. Ethernet’s orders of magnitude faster data speeds when compared to USB (and serial) protocols means vastly more control capability and the ubiquitous nature of TCP/IP enables ‘access anywhere, anytime from almost anything.’

All 4O3A Genius products have public APIs (Application Programming Interface). Ranko is encouraging other manufacturers, software developers, and technically-inclined hams - the later tinkerers by nature - to interact and integrate with Genius products at the API level. A 4O3A Genius Google Group has been formed for the sharing of information and advice.

Antenna Genius 8x2TM brings the antenna switch into the 21st Century routing up to eight antennas to two transceivers with best-in-class port-to-port isolation (75-dB worst case), high power (3-kW at high duty cycle), plus the capability to be transceiver band-switched via legacy BCD or ‘pin to port’ lines as well as the 100-Mbps TCP/IP port. AG has direct support for the FlexRadio SmartSDR API. For hams wanting to do SO2R (Single Operator 2 Radio, operating two radios simultaneously in a ham radio contest) with a single FlexRadio 6000 Series radio, AG’s two radio ports can be individually assigned to Flex’ ‘Slice A’ and ‘Slice B’ receivers following each Slice’s band changes to select the appropriate antenna. Hardware-level lockout to prevent assignment of the same antenna to two transceivers at the same time is standard.

Interface Genius IG-M is a Five-In-One device that includes (1) TCP/IP & USB transceiver interface, (2) advanced CW Keyer (using WinKey v3), (3) dual built-in soundcards for digimode operation, (4) SO2R controller, and (5) comprehensive Internet remote control platform, all in one integrated, high-performance package.

Rotator Genius reboots the antenna rotator controller. Legions of hams have suffered unreliable and inaccurate rotator positioning systems: potentiometers whose accuracy changes with the weather and pulse counting systems that ‘lose’ pulses to say nothing of systems that are clueless when mounting clamps slip in adverse weather and antennas point in unexpected directions. RG uses its own high accuracy (< 1 degree) Hall Effect sensor mounted on the antenna mast to sense the earth’s magnetic field and ascertain azimuth; it’s the same device that powers your smartphone compass. A universal switching power supply means RG can turn virtually every antenna rotator in the market as well as most legacy rotators. Almost forgot to mention, every individual RG will manage two rotators even if there are different brands and models.

"I am thrilled to be shipping three new Genius line products as well as delivering a major firmware update to the Station Genius SSC-XL," says Ranko, "After thousands of hours of engineering, development and testing, I am eager to share with my ham friends around the world the productivity and control capability I’ve been building for my own ham contest station."

Force 12 CEO Bill Hein said: “I’m switching on pre-orders for all the new 4O3A Genius products today and bracing for the hottest products we’ve ever had. I expect to have stock at our Colorado facility by the end of October. I have watched Ranko and his team develop these products for the last several years, and it's exciting to be finally bringing them to market.”

4O3A Signature is the amateur radio product line from Sky Sat Communications d.o.o. of Igalo, Montenegro. Established in 1990, Sky Sat is well known in the professional broadcasting equipment business.

Force 12 has sold tens of thousands of their cutting-edge antenna designs since the early ‘90s. Force 12 Superstore offers a complete selection of Force 12’s own products and also represents in North America the famous English-made InnovAntennasTM products designed by Justin Johnson, G0KSC along with 4O3A Signature line of station automation devices, triplexers, filters and plus products from AlfaSpid, Ground HQ, KF7P Metalwerks, Leo Bodnar (Electronics), Seco-Systems, SSB-Electronic, and Stauff Corp.

USA Contact: Bill Hein Bill@Force12inc.com
    Force 12 Superstore Ph: +1 (970) 628 5120
    566 West Crete Circle, Unit 1 www.Force12inc.com
    Grand Junction, CO 81505 USA

###