ad: Alphaant-1

Six Meters-Philadelphia Area

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KB3HGC, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KB3HGC

KB3HGC Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone in the Philadelphia, PA area ever turn on there six meter radio? I have been having problems with my main 2M/70cm radio and I have a nice all mode six meter radio so I thought I would hook it up. Now all I need is someone to talk too! I normally tune the radio to 50.125 USB and leave it there hoping to hear something. So far I have heard nothing. Im looking to make contacts. DX or local. DX is hard to do this time of year but Im hoping this post might stur up some local traffic. So my question is does anyone from the Philly area have a six meter radio and do they use it. If so what freq. and mode do you use? What radio and Antenna do you use? I use a RCI 5054 DX with a discone antenna in the attic. (Its not the best set up but it works!) If you hear my out there calling CQ dont be afriad to answer back! [​IMG]

2. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Grant,

I like trying to work this band too but six is pretty dead except during contests. Send me an eMail and lets set up a schedule. I'm in QRZ

Rich KB3FGJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.