ad: wmr-1

Silent Key - WA4SOU

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KB5MBY, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KB5MBY

KB5MBY Ham Member QRZ Page

EDMUND THOMPSON BROWN Of Heathsville, VA, died December 22, 2007 at the age of 84

2. KB5MBY

I miss you, Uncle Em

I hope you would have been proud of me for upgrading today. I couldn't help but think of you. I miss you, Uncle Em.
    Love,
    Laurel
    KB5MBY/AG

3. K3ACE

K3ACE Guest

Perhaps someday you will be able to have his call for your own.

4. KB5MBY

I had never thought of that... I don't know if I could, or how the rest of the family would feel about it... although I think I'm the only other one in the family that's a HAM... I'm not sure. My aunt and cousin were very sweet to give me some of his very nice radio equipment. But I don't think I can ever live up to his character and reputation. He was a wonderful man. Thanks for the thought, that was very kind of you

5. K3ACE

K3ACE Guest

Your late Uncle's call is good through 2017 according to records. I don't know what the procedure is for reporting a SK to the FCC. After his call is released back to the pool, anyone else will be able to request it. I am sure your aunt would rather you have it then a stranger.

Maybe someone else has more info on this.

6. KB5MBY

Vaham

Did you know him by chance? He lived in Virginia off and on for many years, enjoyed sailing the rivers near the Chesapeake

7. K3ACE

K3ACE Guest

No I didn't know your uncle. If you are refering to my "Virginia Baked Ham" , I have never lived in Virginia, but my maternal grandfather was born and raised there and too him there was nothing better than Virginia Baked Ham. My family lines go back several hundred years there so I thought the line is appropriate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.