ad: CQMM-1

Silent Key: Jack Conner KA1QG SK Jan. 28, 2024

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W1BNC, Feb 25, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W1BNC

W1BNC Ham Member QRZ Page

It is with deep sorrow that I confirm the report that Jack Conner KA1QG has gone SK. I was sincerely privileged to know him in our chosen profession of Broadcast Engineering and our mutual hobby of Amateur Radio. Never will a Field Day go bye where I will not wonder if he is copying my station from his new QTH far above the F2 layer or gaze upon my Elecraft K2-100/EC2 , which we both built from kits, without my throat tightening up. Anyone who could eat the awful blueberry pancakes I cooked up on field Days with wincing in pain, is rightly a Saint!

Attached is his obituary but words alone can't begin to cover what he meant to me, the crew at WMTW and the Ham Radio community

73 Jack
    CU down the log

https://www.tributearchive.com/17fa7277-b922-4377-92b5-9293eda24cdd

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Jack E Conner, Mr, KA1QG SK

Jack E. Conner II, passed on Jan. 28, 2024 at the age of 77. He was born in Bath on May 22, 1946, the son of Natalie (Perkins) and Jack E. Conner, Sr.
    Jack graduated from Morse High School in the class of 1964 and attended Wentworth Institute in Boston, Mass. In 1967, he went to work at Communications Satellite Corporation (COMSAT) in Andover as an electronic technician.
    On Jan. 7, 1968, Jack married Andrea Doak of Woolwich and the couple settled in Rumford where they resided for 32 years. In 1989 Jack started working for WMTW-8 in Auburn and retired in 2013 as their Chief Engineer. The family relocated to South Freeport in 1996.
    Jack was an avid ham radio operator with call sign KA1QG. He was a member of the Society of Broadcast Engineers and was a life member of the American Amateur Radio League (AARL). Jack was a 32 degree Mason and belonged to the Solar Star Lodge in Bath and the Freeport Lodge in Freeport. His interests were wide-ranging and he was self-taught in many skills and trades.
    Jack enjoyed the outdoors, troubleshooting and repairing electronic equipment, home projects and cooking, but most of all spending time at the family cottage in Five Islands.
    He is survived by his wife, Andrea; daughter, Ellen and husband Steve Adams of Townsville, Australia, daughter, Janet and husband Mike Kinane of Townsend, Ga.; brother, John E. Conner and wife Judy of York, brother, Mark A. Conner of Hampton, N.H.; plus extended family.
    Jack was predeceased by his mother and father.
    A memorial service will be held Saturday, Feb. 10 at 1 p.m. at the First Parish UCC Church, 40 Main St., Freeport with a reception downstairs immediately following the service.
    Arrangements are by Daigle Funeral Home, 819 High St., Bath, ME 04530. Condolences may be made online at http://www.DaigleFuneralHome.com.
    In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in Jack’s name to
    The Owl’s Head Transportation Museum,
    P.O. Box 277,
    Owl’s Head, ME 04854 or
    The Georgetown Historical Society
    P.O. Box 441,
    Georgetown, ME 04548-0441
    https://www.pressherald.com/2024/02/04/obituaryjack-e-conner-ii-3/