ad: Halibut-1

Silence of the Hams

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6QBM, Sep 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Amateur radio being used...one of the tools of everyday life... Huh.

No radio, no ham.

Just to make it entirely clear....this is not amateur radio Part 97. Its a kid's toy. I had one in 1962. No Part 97 license required.

"Send secret messages!"

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------------
    "Go ham or Go home."

WJ1MK and N6QIC like this.
  2. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

I need a lesson in semaphore.

KI6QBM likes this.
  3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok-

One if by land, two if by sea.

NL7W, KI6QBM and K3RW like this.
  4. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When you buy a newspaper or magazine, do you read every single word? No, you ignore what doesn't interest you. How is the "News" section of QRZ any different?

KI6QBM and K6MTS like this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Because its AMATEUR RADIO NEWS.

Where is the 'amateur radio'??

This is a playtime adventure pretending someone is a Navy Seal with a flashlight....

---------------------------

"Go ham or go home."

KI6QBM and WJ1MK like this.
  6. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

We would pull these out of the toy box at Grandma's house when we were kids. Had the morse code on the back of the light.

KI6QBM and W1YW like this.
  7. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Video is very well-produced, but the VO is a bit excessive... haha. I don't see why this is such a bad thing to post? It's a bit of an odd title, I will grant.

As to comments on what makes the news...

Surprise... same thing has happened to national news outlets. It's all about money, page hits, and views. Whatever mediocre headlines that encourage someone to click are what's important. No longer about news or analysis. If you don't like it, you have the opportunity to vote with your feet (or your finger clicks?), and go elsewhere.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    KI6QBM and K6MTS like this.
  8. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

As Kevin Spacey once said, we get the news we deserve. ;)

KI6QBM likes this.
  9. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Preppers too busy prepping to save themselves than to save amateur radio? Will the supposed new saviors of amateur radio, the makers, turn out to be too busy making than to save amateur radio?

Keep the radio in amateur radio, for goodness sake.

Jeff WN1MB
    Winsted CT
    http://alienjeff.net

NL7W, KI6QBM and WJ1MK like this.
  10. K0SU

K0SU Ham Member QRZ Page

A ton of desk warriors give it a break, and if you have something better lets see it.

O yeah you don't

G1YRV and K6MTS like this.
  11. KI6QBM

KI6QBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave, thanks for the comment. Among all the other critical comments yours is a breath of fresh air. We're just having fun over here and even working to conduct concurrent HF mobile games.

G1YRV and K6MTS like this.
  12. AE8W

AE8W Ham Member QRZ Page

I am a techie. My business depends on the net. However, I was license 50+ years ago and am a traditionalist, for lack of a better word. As a result, I have no interest in any form of ham radio that uses the net. But, I also don't like contests or any similar form of the digital modes that only exchange the same minimalist info and I am very interested in digital modes ... but no drive by shootings for me. If it is not a QSO past the minimum, then I wish I hadn't bothered. If this is all that ham radio has become, then 73.

13. KX4O

KX4O XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If the amateur radio used in throughout that video is that invisible to you, then I'm afraid the problem is you. It's not just about the blinking light.

K6MTS likes this.
  14. KJ6TTR

KJ6TTR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why do so many hams do nothing but bitch and moan? If you guys who posted all of this negative crap would simply go back, re-read what you wrote, and ask yourself if what you wrote would attract anyone to this hobby, I bet you would delete your comments.

WU8Y, G1YRV, EA3HUF and 3 others like this.
  15. KJ6TTR

KJ6TTR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a completely negative comment with absolutely nothing positive in it. Why even waste your time typing this unless all you want to do is bitch?

W4ABC and K6MTS like this.