ad: elecraft

Sad but not forgotten

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W5DOH, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W5DOH

W5DOH Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] I did not find it here but did in eHam that my very close friend Fred Fish whom my family knew long before I was born which was 1946, Fred was my God Uncle and Fred introduced me to Amateur radio at a young age. However I went 11-m first because of cost along with my mother and later in the mid 80s I went Ham, I knew Fred was ill with Alzimers but did not know he had passed it is with great sadness that I say now through this medium (Thank You Uncle Fred for showing me Ham radio and thank you for being a good friend and God Uncle and a good teacher I will Miss you and look forward to seeing you again sometime in the next 10 to 15 years)
    Fred Fish W5FF helped many a Ham with 220 setups and other projects and when he traveled he would always stop by in Oklahoma City and visit also when he would go to FAA class he would always visit in my mind there was not a better gentelman or husband or Ham radio operater as Fred Fish W5FF now a SK.

God Bless Lee K5FF his wife (XYL) I never met her but she had to be a very fine Lady after all Fred Married her.

With my very best and sincerely
    Allan KB5DOH Norman, Oklahoma.

2. W5DOH

By Chance anyone know when he passed away Date

3. K5XYL

K5XYL Ham Member QRZ Page

Allan,

I didn't know Mr. Fish but my condolences are with you and his family for his loss.

According to the social security death index, Mr. Fish passed away on the 26th of April this year. (I have been a genealogist for more than 15 years so this information was simple enough for me to find.)

Take care and 73,

DeAnne KD5MDO

4. W5DOH

Thank You Very much DeAnne KD5MDO that is interesting my mothers and her sister are twins and they were born in March Adaline my mothers sister passed away May of 2003 so Fred Passed away the month following Ruth and Adaline birthday. I will always hold Fred W5FF in my heart and memory ana all he tuaght me in regards to amateur radio.
    Again Thanks DeAnne
    Allan KB5DOH 73s to you and all on QRZ [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.