ad: Schulman-1

Research: 11 year solar cycle may be tied to planetary motion

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5XS, Jun 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not on any time scale that we can perceive... I agree.

There is no 'time' in a black hole.

The gravitational pull exists, never the less.

If things are not being pulled toward black holes, galaxies would not have the form that they do, in fact, would possibly not exist at all.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  2. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

"From a great distance, a black hole is just like any other object with the same mass. It doesn’t have any magical power to suck things in. Its gravity is just like the gravity of anything else. The difference lies entirely in what happens to stars or planets (or wayward spaceships) that approach the event horizon—the ones that get too close to the source, so to speak.

As an example, consider what would happen to the Earth if the Sun were suddenly replaced by a black hole of the exact same mass: nothing! I mean, there’d be no Sun and everything would go dark, of course, but Earth would orbit exactly as before. It wouldn’t get sucked into the black hole. From our distance, the Sun and an equal-mass black hole are the exact same thing, gravitationally speaking.

Sagittarius A*, the supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way, operates the same way. "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/...f-our-galaxy-consume-everything/#3646fe1c5c25

3. WR2E

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  4. ZL4IV

ZL4IV Ham Member QRZ Page

Retrograde modelling requires that you have a complete understanding of the Entropy of the item under study, we don't and the rest is conjecture.

WR2E likes this.
  5. W1LWT

W1LWT Ham Member QRZ Page

who cares it happens it happens every 11 years......

Attached Files:

• nfg.jpg
      nfg.jpg
      File size:
      10.2 KB
      Views:
  6. WR2E

Obviously not you! ;)

You sure about that?

7. K4WWK

K4WWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Didn't think you did!

W1YW likes this.
  8. F5VHZ

F5VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Put very basically the force required to keep an object in orbit, eg a satelite, is a value of gravitational pull (variable value dependent on the mass of the plannet, earth =1g on its surface) and the distance v speed of object, and seemingly not affected by its mass. (actually it is, but so infanitly small, mass of the object over the mass of the plannet.) The actual pull of an object against a plannet IS equal to its mass over distance. So looking at the earth, its mass is pulling against the sun with an equal force to the sun's pull against earth. Just imaging a big spring between the plannets. The further away from the sun, a plannet has less pull (mass over distance) that's why its orbit is dependant on mass and speed of rotation (like a slingshot, the faster you spin the slingshot around the more pull it has) and this is why further out plannets have a slower orbit as their pull is dependant on mass over distance. And are falling around the sun more slowly. But every plannet is pulling back against the sun with massive forces, and like the tides on earth, the moon's gravity pulls on the sea and gives us tides. If a plannet has a liquid surface it will be moved by the gravitational pull. Even a solid plannet will be affected and distorted by gravity. So the Sun has all these plannets pulling at different amounts, like springs attached between them and whatever tbe surface and body of the sun (part liquid and part solid) these forces are responsible for causing sun spots because when they are all aligned in the same direction the pull is at its greatest, and has the most effect. This is the 11 year cycle.
    Simple wasn't it.

9. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know if there's any Jupiter affect or planet affect!!!!

I'm just hoping I live long enough to see the sunspots return!!!!!

Over 200 days last year and I don't know how many days this year without a single sunspot, wow I wouldn't even believed that at the last solar low, which was poor.

10. WR2E

Sure... if you think that those gravitational fields are the ONLY forces at play in the Universe. Of course they are not. There's much more to the big picture that our simple human minds can not yet comprehend.

11. WR2E

Ummm.... it's been 12 years since this was first proposed, read this PDF from NASA published in 2007.

http://www.warwickhughes.com/agri/Apparent Relations between Solar Activity and Solar Tides Ching-Cheh Hung.pdf

12. F5VHZ

The latest info is there are even twin black holes that get sucked into one... But as you say, the universe wouldn't be the same without them.

13. F5VHZ

Over 200 days last year and I don't know how many days this year without a single sunspot, wow I wouldn't even believed that at the last solar low, which was poor.[/QUOTE]

Sun spots, who needs them... I've managed to find 37 new countrys in the last 2 months. I run a barefoot icom 706mk2g, and two windom home brew antennas, 75 ohm 11mm double screened silvered coax, and an in line low pass filter, swr meter, no matcher required....
    I was at 62 countrys, and wanted to hit 65 for the 1/3rd marker (195 in all) but ive shot past that marker and today im at 97 countrys and counting... Who needs sunspots??.. I believe the quieter signals (and i have ZERO background noise) help me pick out stations and get heard through some seriouse pileups, one or two were difficult, but only through stations shouting over everything.. Senders callsign included... So some took 10 minutes to get acknowledged, but still had genuine good sig reports. S5 to s9+ so please don't give up. Ive had a ball on 20 meters, as allways, its by far the best band for DX and a pair of simple 40m long windoms does the job. So get fired up and start listening for those weaker stations....