ad: M2Ant-1

Red Rose Repeater Ham Radio Quilt Auction

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KB3NCJ, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KB3NCJ

KB3NCJ Ham Member QRZ Page

My name is Mark Vreeland. My call sign is KB3NCJ. I am club secretary for the Red Rose Repeater Association in Lancaster, PA. My reason for writing you is to inform you of our club's upcoming sale of a unique, hand-made quilt in the amateur radio theme. Let me give a little background concerning this neat project.

In June, our club repeater, located at Lancaster General Hospital, was struck by lightning from a passing storm. It destroyed the repeater, antenna and feed line. Unfortunately, our club had previously decided not to carry the insurance on our equipment, which was becoming outdated. Through the kindness of some local hams, we were able to cobble together a temporary system with some donated equipment and a cross-banding set-up from a remote location to the south of Lancaster. Since the storm, we have been able to purchase new feed line and a new antenna, which is already installed and waiting a new repeater when we are able to get funds for this.

My wife, Janice, is also licensed as KB3NCH. Her interests in quilting led her to create a quilt with all the art and symbolism she could create on the theme of ham radio. It was her desire to create this quilt and donate it to the club as a fund raising item before our repeater was damaged by the storm. It was only natural the club decided to auction it on Ebay beginning Thanksgiving eve to raise funds for the new repeater.

Information, pictures and a link when the auction begins are available at our club website at: www.w3rrr.org

Thank you for allowing me to make this information available. Should you have any questions or comments I can be reached at: mvreeland102@comcast.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.