ad: Alphaant-1

QSO Today with Linas Balsys, LY2H

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4Z1UG, Mar 14, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. 4Z1UG

4Z1UG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

upload_2024-3-14_19-0-34.png

Linas Balsys, LY2H, now hosts a YouTube channel on amateur radio, field operations, QRP, and operating CW. Growing up in Lithuania, becoming one of the country’s best known news correspondents, a member of the Lithuanian Parliament, now enjoys CW and digital modes from his ham radio van or electric bicycle in nature operating parks, hill forts, and castles on the air. LY2H tells his ham radio story in this QSO Today.

Listen Here: https://www.qsotoday.com/podcasts/LY2H

KE0CYN, VE3VYT, K8LJM and 9 others like this.
  2. KF5VDX

KF5VDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That’s a great mobile/portable setup….comfortable seats are very nice working radio for any length of time. Everyone should operate portable, it’s a good way to practice emergency communication techniques, field day practice and enjoy the time outside. I operate portable almost daily and work a lot of Dx from our local bayside all with meager antennas and low power. Hope to see more folks operating from mobile platforms. 73 and hope to see you soon in my logs. 73 Garry KF5VDX

VE3VYT, AK5B, KF7PCL and 3 others like this.
  3. LU5EEB

LU5EEB Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! Congratulations!

4. KN7Y

KN7Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Mobile / Portable set up operating from our 2017 Tacoma. A 12.8V 100aH LiFePO4 battery sits behind me on the floor. Next to that is a 30aH battery and an with an inverter under the seat, this second battery keeps my laptop charged. The mount is a custom Ram Mount with laptop table, and I just received a small table that will bolt to the side for the key.

Attached Files:

5. KE2AXD

KE2AXD Ham Member QRZ Page

Labas Linai,
    Andrius KE2AXD
    Kaip susisiekti?
    AS NJ