ad: LZQSLprint-1

QRZ Criticized Over Refusal to List K1MAN

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 3, 2004.

?

QRZ Criticized Over Refusal to List K1MAN - Give us your opinion

1. Yes, I support QRZ's decision to de-list K1MAN

100.0%
  2. No, QRZ should list K1MAN and his viewpoints

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N5PU

N5PU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

All I have to say is, "Amen". Way to go QRZ!
    Leon-N5PU

2. WD4HXG

WD4HXG Ham Member QRZ Page

Check the following link on K1MAN.

http://www.talkaboutradio.com/group....03.html

It seems he told Riley to go pound sand. Kind of reminds me of the goat that charged a locomotive. Have to admire his spunk but darn his judgement.

Does anyone know why he is playing hardball with the FCC? Is he suffering from dementia, or sheer ignorance?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok. We need to work towards getting this retard off the air. He is such a rude and disrespectful moron.

4. KD5FOY

KD5FOY Ham Member QRZ Page

I strongly agree with the decision taken by QRZ to delist
    K1MAN. Now if we could get Riley to quit using the kid
    gloves when dealing with Baxter and issue a very large
    NAL and confiscate his equipment we could be rid of this
    embarrassment and black eye to Ham Radio.

5. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In regards to this posting, after all these years, I am still confused about why the FCC does not act to shut him down.  Maybe they can't.

Either the FCC is unwilling to go to court against Baxter or Baxter is not really breaking any laws.  While his "Show" is reprehensible to the ham community, the FCC seems to be at a loss on how to shut him down.  Notice I did not use his calls.  I am censoring him also.  

K2WH

6. N2ACX

N2ACX Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] Just looked on QRZ to verify that....good. Now, I also went to this site and typed in K1MAN. You won't believe what he has for the QSL manager.....whew! And notice the comment at the top of the page.
    QRZ has made the correct decision concerning the listing of this......person.

<a href="http://hamcall.net/cgi-bin/do_hamcallexe" target="_blank">
    WorldWide Ham Call Server</a>

73 N2ACX Gary

7. NF0A

NF0A Ham Member QRZ Page

Give an inch to certain individuals, they take the whole yard!... and they want others to agree with their viewpoint regardless of how immature and misguided it sounds...

8. K3WQ

K3WQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I don’t think Mr. Baxter is worth worrying about, nevertheless I do understand and agree with QRZ’s decision to distance itself from him. However, removing him from the QRZ listings is, arguably, censorship.

So I suggest that QRZ allow the mundane licensing information about K1MAN remain (e.g. name, address, license class, call sign, etc.), but ban Mr. Baxter from the site (refuse him an account) and prevent him from submitting his e-mail address, QSL card image and biography.

-Dave, K3WQ

9. K7JAZ

K7JAZ Guest

QRZ has a link to that info via the FCC site, so that's pretty much exactly the way it is.

10. KV9U

KV9U Ham Member QRZ Page

It is very unfortunate, but K1MAN has been a disturbed individual for many years now as evidenced by his unfortunate behaviors.

First amendment issues refer to government preventing someone one from expressing their viewpoints. It does not come into play with a private organization such as qrz.com, therefore there can be no violation of free speech in such cases.

11. KC2KVZ

KC2KVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred;
    Your sandbox, your tonka trucks, your rules. Right on OM

73 de kc2kvz

12. W9YZR

W9YZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred, thanks for making a stand against this lid.

Bill K0ZL

13. W7TUX

W7TUX Ham Member QRZ Page

Its about time some one lets this clown know how this hobby feels about his crap (sorry).  Thank you QRZ.   I have never seen any one dedecated to destroying ham radio as much as this guy.

w7tux

14. AC7DX

AC7DX Guest

Hang in there guys... I am positive that the FCC and by all means the ARRL will stop this soon......Dont ya just love the ARRL? [​IMG]

15. AE4FA

AE4FA Ham Member QRZ Page

You have my compliments, Fred!

QRZ being blasted by that total jerk is sort of like France's Le Monde endorsing Kerry instead of Bush. It means you're on the right track.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.