ad: chuckmartin

Post approval

Discussion in 'Policies, Guidelines and Terms of Use' started by KD0MVX, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KD0MVX

KD0MVX Ham Member QRZ Page

I am new to this forum and just starting out in amateur radio. I find waiting for someone to approve of my posts a big negative of this forum. If I have to wait for approval on each post there is no need for me to participate here.

Norm

2. PD5SJO

PD5SJO QRZ Volunteer Moderator

Norm,

Post by ham members are not moderated, but QRZ members are and you're a QRZ member.
    As long you are showing as "NORMCHRIS" instead of your callsign.

3. W4RLR

W4RLR Ham Member QRZ Page

So, if you don't want to be moderated. get an amateur ticket and post with your call sign.

Think about it, while you may have the best of intent with your posts here, there are others who would fill this place up with hate posts, spam, and other tripe. Posting with your call sign lets the operators of this forum know who you are. Since this is an amateur radio forum, it should not be too much of a burden to post under your call sign.

4. AK4MP

AK4MP QRZ Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just had one my posts moderated and I'm on Staff.

What gives?

5. KD0MVX

KD0MVX Ham Member QRZ Page

I just passed my Technician license and am awaiting getting my call sign. So when I get my call sign how do I go about re-registering here?

Norm

6. W6GQ

W6GQ Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

When your call sign is assigned, send an email to editor@qrz.com and let them know your current username, NORMCHRIS, and he will simply change the username to your call sign.

You keep credit of all your posts and the system automatically recognizes a valid call allowing non moderated posts.

Congratulations on passing the test and welcome to amateur radio and the QRZ forum.

7. AK4MP

AK4MP QRZ Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Bill, I hope you are not trying to put the DX Helper team out of a job :D

One better than that, post a request to the

QRZ.COM Callsign Database Helpers

forum area stating your new call and we will get it changed for you. That is what we are here for.

We only recommend the editor@ address as a last resort or if it is something we are not authorized to handle.

8. W6GQ

oops, sorry Tim,

9. VK4SUX

VK4SUX Ham Member QRZ Page

Ditto, all my recent posts are waiting for approval also, never happened before? What's the G O?

10. W6GQ

Congratulations, you now have your ticket and should not go into a moderation queue.

welcome to amateur radio :D

11. KC9TNH

KC9TNH Ham Member QRZ Page

With sitting for the Tech exam 2-3 weeks away, this thread would seem to explain why my post trying to snag an item in the Swap Meet didn't get added (trying to add some odds/ends to the table). No biggee, was just a curiosity. Just from lurking I find this forum pretty much the place to visit for gleaning alot of knowledge. Happy to wait for the ticket (although like Christmas as a kid it never seems to come fast enough).

Moderated posts for non-ham don't bother me. QRZ house=QRZ rules. Great forum.
    :)

12. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

I signed up with my call sign and all my posts are being moderated. (At least so far...) And I'm being shown as a QRZ member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.