ad: CQMM-1

Planning and building a new ham shack

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Jul 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VA2PV

VA2PV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Will, No problem. I'm sorry for your lost, it must be terrible. Hang on as life is always full of surprises. 73 Pascal VA2PV

KB0FKT and KJ4NOO like this.
  2. VA2PV

Hi Mike, very nice shack. I would love to have my electronic bench close to my shack like this, but mine is very small and I needed some room for my video editing station. I also have a setup for filming unboxing, etc. For me my shack is the best place to relax and enjoy my hobby, so personalize it was very important and that what you did as well. Well done! 73 Pascal VA2PV

3. VA2PV

Hi Bryan, if I had to built the desk myself, I would made it 36 inches deep as well, this give you plenty of table space in front of the radio. My new desk is 30 inches, before it was 24, so it's a 6 inches upgrade, hihi. I added a mouse and keyboard drawer after my last video, it's better and I use the PC for logging. Nice shack and well done. 73 Pascal VA2PV

4. VA2PV

You're right, but you can always solve the problems. I’m in the suburban area with neighbors all around me and I still use 1300 Watts on HF. I had two neighbors that complained about RFI. One of my friends (a broadcast engineer) came to help me, as I was transmitting he found the faulty wiring and equipment in both my neighbors home. He corrected the problems and since then everything is fine. I always inform new neighbors about my antenna and tell them to not be afraid to tell me if the notice RFI and that most of the time the problem is with the receiving equipment. I also shared with them my tower installation spec, etc. to reassure that everything is professionally installed and that it won’t fall on them, hihi. 73 Pascal VA2PV

5. AE6J

AE6J Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good job. Thanks for sharing. I imagine your post is giving some of us that final push to work on ours.
    73 de AE6J

VA2PV likes this.
  6. ZL1PDT

ZL1PDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice just to much for my small hard drive ( brain ) to take in think have to go and Hi-jack it to my place,Thanks, Pieter

VA2PV likes this.
  7. W4WWJ

W4WWJ Ham Member QRZ Page

my shack run's dstar hf fusion p25 wires-x DMR and hf is at 1200 watts plus 7200 contact before i changes my call sign from w4wwj to aa0no see it at http://aaono. shackapril2016.jpg com

VA2PV likes this.
  8. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice Pascal.

I agree with the one comment about writing space. I like to have a deep desk with plenty of room.

KK7AI and VA2PV like this.
  9. KA0KA

KA0KA Ham Member QRZ Page

I love seeing others setups, it is all ergonomics and such, here is how I did my layout:[​IMG]

VA2PV likes this.
  10. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

That was me, in post #7. A previous op position of mine was necessarily tiny... stuff was stacked vertically, with virtually NO writing space. Later, at my current location, I resolved to not revisit that scene. Building a larger table was inexpensive, not tough, and was fun. :)

A few more photos, in various stages: http://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-shack

Bryan WA7PRC

11. OH5NXO

OH5NXO Ham Member QRZ Page

We have also a "mostly vertical" small niche for tinkering on the club. Too small, modest, etc, but one lucky aspect: It's in a room with two doors outside. Another doorway was given up for the niche, and the backsides of all equipment are in the clear from rear. And can be hidden conveniently by just closing the door.

Juha

VA2PV likes this.
  12. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Planning? We're Hams, we don need no stinkin planning!

Next you'll probably tell us to read he instructions..........

13. KE8DTM

KE8DTM Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome station my friend hope to talk with you on the bands. i would like to add a boom mic and maby some good qulity audio speakers do you guys know of any good books for theos kinda projects or some other good articals where I could find that? sorry my spelling and grammer is bad.

VA2PV likes this.
  14. K5LKV

K5LKV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very Nice ! Thanks for Sharing ! Now I will build one better ! lol :) Very Nice !! 73s !

15. N5XO

N5XO Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice video, and informative on your needs and design thoughts. Great job all the way around.

VA2PV likes this.