ad: Flexradio-1

Paul Bohrer, W9DUU SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WI9NDY, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WI9NDY

WI9NDY Guest

It was with sadness that I heard of the passing of Paul Bohrer, W9DUU. Paul was leader and contributor to the ham radio community in Indianapolis for many years, with an extreme passion for technology rarely seen. I count it an honor to have known Paul in the 1970s and experience some of his excitement for the hobby. As a member of a Scout Explorer post I was privileged to have Paul as a guide and mentor. There were many times Paul would assemble a station for us kids to participate in Field Day activities as well as other operating events. Paul was always the patient teacher and guide. Paul was the quintessential tinkerer many times having newly purchased equipment disassembled on the way home from a hamfest. No radio ever escaped his modifications and always had more buttons or switched then when they were manufactured. Paul was an inventor and built one of the first synthesized two-meter rigs. This consisted of a crystal rig with a rather large synthesizer stuck to the top of it, being constructed of discrete digital components. There were many “Pauls” involved with the group of young people and I can never thank them enough for their interest is us. I can truly say that Paul as well as the others shaped my interest in technology as well as my career path. Paul will be truly missed in the Indianapolis ham community and never replaced in our hearts.

2. W0LPQ

W0LPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was at both the viewing last night and funeral today. One heck of a turnout..!

Bill, W0LPQ/9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.