ad: wmr-1

PA3FRN went silent key last Friday night

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by A71AN, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. A71AN

A71AN QRZ Member

"--This is Wiep who I was his last CW contact--"

"Wiep was the driving force behind a small electronics club, called:Electronica Club Rotterdam, and was always there to help with electronical questions, internet and Ham stuff.Also he had a lot of humor, so we always were laughing when we were together at the club.To me, he also was a personal friend, who I could rely on also when I needed someone to listen.No matter what, he was always there when needed. As a Ham, he was really fond of CW. Some people on the club didn't even touch the bencher key, because it was all set for Wiep's hand.He also liked his boat, were he and his wife spent the holidays at.He also saw the computer as a friend, because he was a system manager for a big company and was at work a lot, solving problems, and thinking of better ways to use the computer in the working environment."

Last wednesday, 11 june at 19.05 utc, I was in the shack of our club building, together with Wiep, PA3FRN.We had a cw qso with you, and he showed me how to do it in the cw mode.Wiep went silent key last Friday night, and the last Qso he had, was that Wednesday with you.

I just seen this email on my computer, the first thing I did this morning, and I became very sorry for what I did read.

May God Bles the soul of PA3FRN and help to make his familly to over come this great lose.

I just like every ham to go for some times no radio operation, but I do not know how to do this, or how to request the Hams to do this and it is too hard with my English to express how sad I feel about the lose of this Ham.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. KI6NNO

KI6NNO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Rasheed,
    It's always a sad moment to hear of someone's passing. It's worse when you are close to them in some way.

In the states, we call a tribute to a person's passing or a significant event "A moment of silence".

Simply ask for a moment of silence at xx:xx time on ___ date in memory of PA3FRN. 30 seconds, a minute, whatever you feel is appropriate.

Some hams will participate, some won't, but you will have gotten your message across and no doubt PA3FRN SK will appreciate it.

73, Dave

3. K4GUN

K4GUN Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you should feel honored to be his last QSO. I think its appropriate that you are the one to post the SK notice. Of course, it is very sad, but death is a part of life and you had an opportunity to share in that man's life. You are blessed for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.