ad: M2Ant-1

Okaloosa County, Florida, Deputy Sheriff William J. “Bill” Myers, KK4KF

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KG5FCO, Sep 24, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KG5FCO

KG5FCO Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Really sad story. Don't want to turn this into a gun debate but I just have to shake my head. Condolences to family who were planning to go to Orlando.

3. W4RLR

W4RLR Ham Member QRZ Page

Deputy Myers was from where I used to live, Okaloosa County. I had a run in with the law once while living in Okaloosa County and Deputy Myers was a true professional and treated me with respect and courtesy. Didn't know he was a fellow amateur. He will be missed.

4. ZS6BV

ZS6BV Ham Member QRZ Page

To his family, our sincere condolences from South Africa.

5. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

[​IMG]

William "Bill" James Myers, age 64, of Shalimar, Florida, passed away in the line of duty on Sept. 22, 2015. Bill served his country in the United States Air Force for over 20 years as an Air Traffic Controller; and he was a proud member of the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Department for over 20 years, as well. Bill was the secretary for the Playground Amateur Radio Club (PARC), a member of the North Okaloosa Amateur Radio Club (NOARC), and a moderator for the FISTS CW Club and the Disney PassPorter boards.
    He loved photography, kayaking, the outdoors, spending time with his grandchildren and regular trips to Disney World. He was also a certified scuba diver.
    Bill's legacy is continued by his loving wife, Jan Bivins Myers; and his sons, Shaun Myers, Eric Myers, Adam Brown, and their families, including seven grandchildren.
    A Celebration of Life will take place in the basketball arena at Northwest Florida State College, 100 College Blvd, Niceville, on Monday, Sept. 28, 2015 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
    In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to in honor of Bill Myers. Donations can be sent to Make a Wish, 4742 North 24th Street, Suite 400, Phoenix, AZ 85016.
    Emerald Coast Funeral Home at 113 Racetrack Road, N.E., Fort Walton Beach, FL has been entrusted with the arrangements.
    Expressions of love and sympathy may be placed and viewed online at www.emeraldcoastfuneralhome.com - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nw...pid=175941932&fhid=10288#sthash.1k4TSBim.dpuf

6. KN4OK

KN4OK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My condolences to family and friends. I remember my friend Bill when I lived in Ft Walton Beach and member of Playground Club.

PD1KS likes this.
  7. N2XU

N2XU Ham Member QRZ Page

Bill was the sitting Secretary of the Playground Amateur Radio Club. He was a great Elmer and is definitely missed by this old man.