ad: QuirkyQRP-1

New Ham Radio Promotional Video

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Oct 16, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

New Ham Radio Promotional Video

The RSGB has launched a new amateur radio promotional video on their YouTube channel

The video was produced in conjunction with TX Factor and has produced lots of positive comment since it was first shown publicly at the RSGB Convention on October 10.

One person commented "the video is really good, hardly an oldie to be seen !!"

The amateur satellite service feature prominently in the video, Peter Goodhall 2E0SQL is shown working the amateur satellites and astronaut Doug Wheelock KF5BOC puts in an appearance from on-board the International Space Station.

Among those spotted in the video were amateurs from the Silcoates School, Camb Hams and Essex Ham.

Watch Amateur Radio - a hobby for the 21st century

RSGB https://twitter.com/theRSGB
    RSGByouth https://twitter.com/theRSGByouth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WC3T, KD2EOM and N7CPM like this.
  2. N7CPM

N7CPM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

3. N2MDA

N2MDA Ham Member QRZ Page

That was a very warm and inviting video showcasing our hobby. After this I would expect to see a rise in interest in Ham Radio. Very well done. BOB N2MDA

4. W3EA

W3EA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This type of exposure and spotlight on the youth interest is fantastic. reminds me of my Boy Scout troop and it's radio badge ... Allot mot fun the Angry Birds .... or a Facebook post of what I had for breakfast .

5. CARDIAC010

CARDIAC010 QRZ Member

I have been a SWL for a long time, and am now taking my foundation licence, and after watching this video I am even more keen to pass it.
    And I will most definitely be showing this video to my grandchildren,
    there are 5 of them, and I am sure this will spark an interest in amateur radio.

Great video thanks for posting it

K5YVY likes this.
  6. N4CPR

N4CPR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great video and I have subscribed to your channel. I am a new ham radio operator,I started out 3 years ago later in life and I am really enjoying the hobby. I have done several videos here on youtube with qrp radios,antennas and solar panels from different portable locations. I invite you to stop by my channel and take a look and share with your ham radio friends and I hope that they find something that maybe helpful to them. Here is my latest video from the beach: Prepare for the worst and pray for the best, Mike

7. AB1OC

AB1OC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a great video! We are involved with SPARK programs and Scouts and we can use this as part of those activities. Does anyone know if there is a link where we can download a copy of the video to use when we don't have an internet connection available?

8. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video, but everyone seems to talk a little funny. :)

9. KB3PHL

KB3PHL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Remember what the playwright George Bernard Shaw said: England and America are two countries separated by a common language.;) This is a very good promotional video about Ham radio.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  10. AD0FL

AD0FL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great video. I hope this helps get more folks interested in the hobby. Even my xyl enjoyed it.

11. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I do have a prized 1968 RSGB handbook. One of the best ham radio books out there. :)