ad: portazero-1

NEW 2 Bands in USA: 630meters (472-479 kHz) and 2200 meters (135.7-137.8 kHz )

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Mar 31, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K2ORS

K2ORS Ham Member QRZ Page

Most hams feed their 80 or 160 meter dipoles as a vertical T by tying the feeders together and using a tapped loading coil to resonate and match it to 50ohms with the antenna fed against ground. I've used a 162' dipole at 70' and have been copied on CW across the U.S. running less than 100W out, and the ground was only a cold water pipe.

Also, I have used an on-ground dipole with total length of 500' (ends are bent to fit the lot) on 470kHz with excellent results!

Check out the results that U.K. amateurs have been getting from postage stamp size lots on 137 and 472 kHz:
    http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor/LF & MF Experiments 3.html

73 Warren K2ORS

2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

If your serious about weak signal work or signal density in say a SSB bandwidth then CW wins every time.

More and more intelligent no coders are making the effort to learn it and/or going to digital modes so they dont have to listen to the new CB bands.

N1BCG likes this.
  3. K1FBI

K1FBI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting..brings back memories of the Tak-tenna I saw at the Nutmeg Hamfest about Ten years ago.

taktenna40.JPG

4. K1FBI

Intelligent no coders? I see, jump on the bandwagon and you can be intelligent too...:rolleyes:
    It's like common sense gun laws. You have common sense, don't you agree.:confused:

5. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

You obviously do not qualify.

6. K2ORS

K2ORS Ham Member QRZ Page

On LF CW is considered a wideband mode !

7. K1FBI

Did you forget to drink your prune juice?

8. K1FBI

He's 76 and intelligent, he can't be wrong.

9. KD2ANN

KD2ANN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If one has the acreage construct a 1500 foot long beverage.

10. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed and I never stated otherwise but up on MF it is still capable of DX contacts. Digital ability is my next step.

11. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

You have just proved my point....twice:p

So what have you done for the two new bands? Do you have anything to offer to others wishing to get on those bands?

Maybe you should stick to raising money for your club FM repeaters as a good Vice President and quit annoying us poor seniors.:rolleyes:

KA0HCP likes this.
  12. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't see how the Taktenna relates to anything in this discussion. It is just a very short end-loaded dipole. It uses highly inefficient spiral wound coils as capacitance hats. Standard spoke-and-wheel cap hats would be many times more effective and much smaller. "Advertising trumps engineering".

KM1H likes this.
  13. K1FBI

Too busy getting my DXCC via ARRL LoTW. Phone because I don't live behind a keyboard or key, have a voice and can actually talk to people. I'll bet if you did phone it would be on 75 meters. Stop being grumpy, try the prune juice!

14. K1FBI

The point wasn't regarding the discussion. It was regarding your antenna building link and the fact that there are many ways to build an antenna, even if you have limited space.

15. K1FBI

We are non-profit. Maybe we can donate a case of prune juice and send it your way. ;)