ad: LZQSLprint-1

NEW 10 METER NET FOR THE TN/GA NC AL "CORNERS"

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KB2SEO, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB2SEO

KB2SEO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi friends,

A new net is starting up tonight, August 12 starting at 8 pm local till ??? we'll be on for at least 2 hours.(7pm in the winter or 0000z if you will) we'll be on 28.360 or 28.370 if that freq is occupied. the concept is simple- F U N !!! No Stuffy acts, no police just have fun. We welcome any licensed Ham or anyone interested in becoming a Ham (with the proper control op of course) We have MANY new licenses in the area, Many who have not as much got the first QSO because of Sunspots, lack of experience, WHATEVER- Here is the place to try out that HF portion of your license. We are a easy going bunch- we WANT you to make your mistakes (We all did although many don't admit it). here is the place to learn ab out anything Ham- No question is "Dumb"- except the one not asked. there are Hams from all levels of experience, age and skills. Or- talk about fishing, your car, the new antenna and does it work-Tell a joke or just say hi. we have a fire at will format once the check ins get over with- If you have a comment- fire away! We are hoping this will allow everyone a chance to comment on something- IF they have something to say- Picture it like a big chat at the kitchen table!

Check ins begin at 8pm EDT, There is a warm up time about 20 mins or so before hand for the tube rig owners, tune ups and Antenna checks!

The Net is un-named as yet- we have a few ideas, The laryngitis net- the Cohutta net-jump in! we'll take your ideas! Participation is what will make it work- So jump on!We hope to hear from Hams in TN, NC, Alabama maybe and of course GA. if the band opens- WHO KNOWS what may happen!

73 and we really hope to see ya there!

de KB2SEO

2. KI4QFL

KI4QFL Ham Member QRZ Page

I will have to try to hop on. I am from Northern Ky, so hopefully the band will open up for me tonight..

KI4QFL /AG

3. KI4QFL

KI4QFL Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried to hit both frequencies tonight and no luck. Maybe we can try this again soon.
    I did hit the BattleRoad Net on 28.390 and was able to make a check in there..

4. KJ4NOO

KJ4NOO Ham Member QRZ Page

I will try to check this out when I get my antenna up again. I came home today to find that it had been struck by lightning ! I'm definitely glad that I had disconnected it at the antenna feedline and the radio and left the coax outside ! I hope to talk to some of you guys soon , I just got my license on 7/16 got my station on the air on 8/5. I've been lucky and worked 8 states and Ontario so far. now I just have to get my antenna back up and on the air again ! I'm from GA and will enjoy the net and the contacts ! 73 Jeff KJ4NOO

5. N2AAU

N2AAU Ham Member QRZ Page

I will try those freq. tonight, in southern new jersey (my qth)

great idea! 10m net is what 10m needs so techs, general, and extra can all meet on the airways!!

6. KD8HTU

KD8HTU Ham Member QRZ Page

10 mtr. nets

The USECA (Utica Shelby Emergency Communication Association) in Michigan has a net at 11:00 pm every Friday on 28.425.... 0300 utc
    All are welcomed to check in....
    usecaarc.com

7. KJ4NOO

KJ4NOO Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this net still going on weekly ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.