ad: CQMM-1

need ham see radios

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W4LLB, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W4LLB

W4LLB Ham Member QRZ Page

I dont like doing but im off the air. Someone broke into my home and stole all my radio stuff even down to my keyer. And I dont have any money for awile to buy anything I hate asking for a hand out. But if anybody has any extra stiff laying thay are not useing please shoot my way im not a begger juet down on my luck right and I have found b out that hams stick together. I hope it will come though this time because I love the hobby and its a great thing. So if you have some stuff please email me at larrybreeden@embarqmail.com. I hope you have a great newyear. 73. KJ4TJZ

2. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Bummer, head to your local club or perhaps your elmer can help.

3. KD8YQC

KD8YQC Ham Member QRZ Page

It would probably be helpful if you posted the kind of equipment you are looking for, what bands and modes you like to operate, etc.

4. W9JEF

W9JEF QRZ Lifetime Member #571 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Have you recorded the serial numbers, so you can
    list the missing gear in the Stolen Radios forum?

And may the a-hole perp(s) get their just deserts. :mad:

5. KC5DQN

KC5DQN Ham Member QRZ Page

I had some gear stolen when I was in high school, and I can give you a few tips I got from some local elmers.

1. Make a sheet with the serial numbers AND a copy of your police report and take it to local pawn shops. If the thief didn't know what he had, then that is the most likely place.

2. Check craigslist and ebay multiple times a day. You can search "near you" on ebay.

3. Contact some ham friends to let it be known to local clubs/nets.

I am so sorry this happened to you!

73s,
    Lauren
    KC5DQN

6. NY7Q

NY7Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, he is a technician, and there has to be someone nearby to help him out...Isn't that what hams do???? Was that way as long as I remember, which is a long long time.....A Chinese rig might work for him.....

7. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry for your loss. And not to appear to be rude, but do you not have home owners insurance which would cover your equipment loss?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.