ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WX9RLT

WX9RLT Ham Member QRZ Page

How was your experience with the North American QSO Party contest?

This was my first official contest. I did it for the experience. I got 12 contacts. By no means am I going to win :p LOL. Just doing it for the experience. Was fun :)

I was also able to get a Cayman Island contact. Which I was excited about.

How was your experience? What was your most memorable exp?

2. WB5THT

WB5THT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I made a few contacts on 20m with my new Elecraft K3s and Acom 1000 amp, it was the very first time I've used the K3s in a non-digital mode. It was fun and oh my goodness, the K3s is amazing!

3. N6OIL

N6OIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I made half a dozen using my boat anchor TS-820S, just didn't have time to play radio.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I only worked it for 10m SSB to garner states on my ancient semi-Homebrew 10m 3.5-watt QRP rig - got a new one - Indiana - so that brings me to only needing 10 more for W.A.S. with this neat old rig.

I did work anouther 20 or so with it just for fun - got GREAT signal reports from a number who "broke their stride" when I said I was QRP and they wanted to know more about the rig... always makes it fun for me.

Sadly, even though 10m stayed open almost to dark (based on 10m CW beacons being heard), everyone pretty much bailed for lower bands at 3:00 local time - so I only had a few hours of activity. Too bad all the naysayers about "there's no sunspots" would just USE the band instead of looking at the little web graphic that says the band is closed - I copied CW beacons (1 watt typically) until dark - all from the East Coast and South America.

Dave
    W7UUU

W5BIB and KM4OYP like this.
  5. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

NAQP CW (January 9): Made some Qs but couldn't put in much seat time. 15m paid off the best. Had a blast running a frequency... made lots of Qs in a short time.

NAQP SSB (January 16): Made some Qs. It was slow going; lots of very slow & bad ops. I ran a frequency on 15m for a while until I milked it dry. Every time I checked, 10m was D-E-A-D.

If you want to see LOTS of comments, visit 3830Scores.

6. WX9RLT

WX9RLT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have quick question: Did you guys do it for fun or competition?
    I did it for fun. There is no way I can compete with top dawgs right now, LOL. I enjoyed it for the exp. get some new contacts and radio time.

7. K5TRI

K5TRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For the fun of the competition of course. Competition with myself :).

Made about 510 (minus some dupes) contacts during NAQP CW.

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

73 Mike K5TRI

8. K5TRI

You do know that there is no HP category in NAQP?

W7UUU and WA7PRC like this.
  9. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

W7UUU likes this.
  10. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That only matters if you're submitting a log for individual or team competition.

If you're in it just to have fun, there's no harm in submitting a checklog and playing the way you want to play.

11. K5TRI

I wasn't saying that it was a problem (both you and me read the same reflector, so you know as well there are some who feel otherwise :) ).

73 Mike

12. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I missed it I had company this weekend. I turned on the radio to show her what a contest was like and it was over.

13. AD7DB

AD7DB Ham Member QRZ Page

Got on for about an hour on 40m. Made some 16 contacts, just for the fun. Picked up some nice prefixes good toward WPX award though.

14. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking for states. Got OK & ME. Also AL confirmed in LOTW. Happily, WAS still accepts paper cards unlike DXCC Swine.

15. 7X2VB

7X2VB Ham Member QRZ Page

GOOD DXPEDITION