ad: CQMM-1

MixW Software Now Works with Windows 10

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WA2VOS, Feb 20, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WA2VOS

WA2VOS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, I've been getting many reports on MixW's ability to work with Windows 10...All say it does so give it a whirl! Go to www.mixwusa.com go to the downloads page which is on the Menu Located at the top of the Home Page Screen. Click on Downloads...to register the software we now use a Master Data Base and I will enter the necessary information to register your copy...To register go to the Registration Page and we have a PayPal setup and you may scroll and select 3.1.1H and pay for it on PayPal it is displayed as MixW Version 3.XX . Good luck and enjoy.. Jim, WA2VOS MixW Software USA
    PS For those stations outside of the USA be aware that we DO NOT Charge VAT TAX on your purchase...

2. YO3IPR

YO3IPR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

and for those (like me) that did not know what MixW is:

[​IMG] MixW is a multi mode multi functional software for every day logging and Contests. It has many useful features that make your QSO logging process almost a 100% automatic procedure.
    [​IMG] MixW for digital modes may be used without TNC. The only requirements are a computer running Windows 9x, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 operating system with compatible soundcard. One of the RigExpert USB interfaces is recommended.

http://mixw.net/

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is nice.

You should get a SSL Cert for your site.

Good Luck.

4. M5PLY

M5PLY Ham Member QRZ Page

i would like to see a update to the programme

5. K3UK

K3UK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

But it is a vastly outdated piece of software. It works well and was a leader in the digital mode world many years ago. Surpassed now by many free software applications.

6. K7MH

K7MH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What does as well for RTTY contesting?

7. M0GVZ

M0GVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I used the built in functionality in N1MM when I got my first in world in class in CQ-WPX-RTTY 2011.

8. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not so much the built-in functionality in N1MM as it is the logger's ability to interface with other RTTY software.

When playing in a RTTY test, I'll run 4 copies of 2Tone per radio. Between the various settings in the different copies of 2Tone, I improve the cances of getting a clean copy.

I do miss MixW's ability to automatically grab exchange data out of the RX window, however. But I don't miss having to clean up MixW's botched attempts at generating Cabrillo logs.

9. WB4M

WB4M Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've used MixW for over 11 years on all Windows platforms with no problems with any of them. I presently have MixW installed on my desktop running Windows 10, and also my older laptop running Windows Vista.

10. WB4M

WB4M Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dated, yes. No LoTW features but that is the only real shortcoming for me. It may be dated but other loggers such as DXLabs, CommCat, and soon Log4OM have a bridge to link MixW to their program which negates the LoTW problem. I'm not much of a contester but when I do contest I use a program designed for contesting - N1MM.

11. NA4IT

NA4IT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll stick with the FLDigi suite of software...

12. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's been a few years since I was really active with digital modes, and digital operation is the only thing I ever used MixW for. That said, I went with MixW at the time because it was able to decode better than any of the other, comparable software that I tried. The difference was quite noticeable.

That might no longer be the case, for all I know.

13. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Fldigi and 2Tone have both pushed the envelope in that regard.

I think what I really liked about MixW was that I sometimes like to bounce around from mode to mode, and MixW could be set up to bounce from mode to mode, providing rig control, logging, decoding, etc. in a very compact interface.

There are many other programs out there that do the same collection of things, but for the most part they are either particularly strong/weak in some functionality, and/or they eat more screen real estate than MixW does.

14. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Has there been an update?

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

15. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Oppps. I guess I didn't read down far enough........